or Connect

Posts by dreamtripper

I realized I have very few black shoes and recently got a pair of EG Chelsea's in black. I'd like to get another pair of multii- functional black shoes and my first instinct was to get a pair of black Dover's. Is there anyone on here that uses a pair of black Dover's regularly? If so, what are your thoughts? I don't find the variation in mid-range to upper black shoes that great and am wondering if I might be better off getting something from Crockett & Jones instead....
Particularly interested in Whisky or Ravello, but open to any interesting make-ups in #8 or Cigar as well. Please send a message if you have anything you might consider parting with. Thanks!
Particularly interested in Whisky or Ravello, but open to any interesting make-ups in #8 or Cigar as well. Please send a message if you have anything you might consider parting with. Thanks!
Nice strap! What kind is it?
Please let me know if you have a pair you're willing to part with. Thank you.
Please send a message if you have a pair you're willing to part with. Thank you.
If you have nothing constructive to add, don't reply - quite simple really. These sort of snarky comments discourage occasional posters from posting and contributing to the forum.I have about 15 pairs of RL cordovan shoes. The 4 loafers are different. Regardless of who polishes them, they end up looking dull in a few days. The other RL cordovan shoes I have don't exhibit this behaviour.
The interesting thing is when I take them to my shoe shine person, they are able to get them to almost new state. However, in just a matter of 2-3 days, they get back to the to the same dull lackluster look I mentioned. They are just unable to maintain a good polish or shine. Very odd as my Marlows & Lindricks are not like this.
Even after a good polishing, the cordovan on my loafers get a dry, hazy, dull look very quickly. They look worn out vs. having a nice wear patina. Anyone else experienced this? Do you think the cordovan might be defective and if so would RL do anything about it? Seems odd if defective because all 4 loafers were bought over a period of 2-3 years directly from RL so it is unlikely they are the same batch. This has happened with all the 4 loafers I own. I have several...
I had something similar with a pair of black Graftons. I got a replacement pair (free of charge). Don't think there is a way to repair the problem.