or Connect

Posts by CHRK33

For sale is a pair of Alden Whiskey Shell/Black Alpine Grain Saddle Oxfords made exclusively for Blackbird in Seattle in size 10D on the Barrie last. I have realized that I can't wear a Barrie-lasted Alden shoe, so I have to sadly part ways with these gorgeous saddle oxfords. I have worn them 3 times to the office, so there is very little wear on the soles. Purchased at full retail for $535 plus tax and now sold out in this size. My pictures really don't do them...
Updated Monday Morning #4 Obscura Boot Vote: We now have 24 responses (which is a stellar turnout and I think makes it pretty profitable for our good friend, Mike!!! Thanks for working with us.) Last: (people were able to designate multiple options) 10 Grant 10 Leydon 8 Barrie 5 Plaza Sole: 13 double waterloc flex welt sole 8 commando 6 either Welt: 12 Flat 360 Degree Welt 11 Flat Closed Heel Welt Edge Trim: 22 Antique Eyelets (all) 15 Matching 3 Brass 5...
Glad to hear it. I am pretty excited about the possibility and Mr. Chorizo has reached out to Mike to figure out what the pattern on the wingtip can accommodate and what points of contrast we can have. It seems like this would be a really special and unique makeup on the market and something we can have in a more reasonable time frame than any of the other exotic shells. We order soon and hopefully have the boot in time for fall. Come on fellas, this will be...
Not sure how to drop in the live summary, but here is the breakdown so far:12 responses (which is awesome)Last: (people were able to designate multiple options)8 Leydon6 Barrie5 Grant4 PlazaSole:5 double waterloc flex welt sole4 commando3 eitherWelt:7 Flat Closed Heel Welt5 Flat 360 Degree WeltEdge Trim:10 AntiqueEyelets (all)7 Matching1 Brass3 EitherMedallion:4 Yes2 No5 EitherSo the makeup right now would be as follows:#4 Obscura Boot on the Leydon Last with a toe...
Here is a live voting form for the Obscura Boot in #4 that we can use to finalize the other details associated with the boot.Alden x Epaulet #4 Obscura Boot
I am down with the #4 Obcura boot as well with the toe medallion. That is sufficiently differentiated that is worth the wait of the MTO.A lot of people are throwing around ideas (albeit good ones) that with sufficient patience will be re-stocked by retailers...cigar shortwing, ravello wingtip boot, ravello tanker, etc...We should focus our MTO energies on unique shoes that haven't and likely won't otherwise be produced by a retailer without a pre-committed group of...
Considering NYR and others are moving the boat along for a rarer shell makeup, I am going to take the lead on a foul-weather mixed media boot that I think is one of the more unique makeups we have discussed so far...Although we don't know exactly the pieces that we can mix and match, I know a number of people have voiced interest for a reverse chamois and scotch grain calf makeup. In my opinion, that will be super unique and something no other Alden retailer has ever put...
With respect to the mixed media wingtip boot, any interest in maybe a reverse chamois/scotch grain mashup? That might be really cool, perfect for foul weather. And cause we aren't using a rare shell color, hopefully it comes in time for the winter. Any takers?
NYR, I agree that this would be a great makeup. My inclination is that we should get something uber unique and rare even if the wait is excessive. We could go with ravello, cigar or #4 and I just think we would have more people excited about the makeup. Upcharge is really not that significant, considering the shell and its not really luck of the draw; with Mike's pull, we definitely can get the shell, it just takes some time. I think your details are spot on. What are...
Honestly, I am fine with either calf or shell. Would be a good way to cut the cost considerably if people are interested. We would have to determine what color calf we could go with -- I think there are lots more color options in calf than shell.