or Connect

Posts by CHRK33

Mile, any update on the various Alden preorders we made around 2 years ago? Has Alden confirmed any of them?
Stitches, that is spectacular and fits a great niche in your collection. Great get!!
Thanks to all of you guys who are helping with my decision, Stitchy, RogerP, Dino, No Frills, RNGuy, Wurger -- this type of thoughtfulness and willingness to spend time advising others makes this thread an absolute joy. And you guys nailed it on the head regarding why I am entertaining the thought of stretching my budget for a Rolex -- my dad (with that uniquely Southern European immigrant mindset) won't really appreciate the Tudor for its own history and is a bit of a...
Thanks to everyone who suggested some great wedding thank you gifts for my dad. I really appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness. So I narrowed down my choices and they are at pretty different price points, so I wanted to get folks' thoughts before I make the final call. 1) Tudor Black Bay on a strap for $3300. My cousin would be bringing this from Greece for me and if my dad didn't like it, he would be stuck. I tried it on a year ago and liked it but wasn't in love. 2)...
I am also in if we go light antique edge trim. Waterloc double sole would be my preference but open to other sole options.
Zippy, thanks for info. Much appreciated.And Dino, definitely will do some detailed research. Thanks for all the friendly advice.
That's a great suggestion as well. I can't believe I blanked on a Speedy. I will go check one out ASAP and see how it looks to me. And should be able to get a decent discount on that as well.
Dino, definitely read about that and you are 100% right. I would not want to go that route either and get my gift confiscated. My one thought is reaching out to an AD in Greece and have my cousin bring the watch into the country when he comes for the wedding.Would you happen to have any alternative watch suggestions?
So I wanted to ask my TWAT-brethren for their help: I want to get my dad a wedding thank you present and obviously considering the frequency with which I visit this thread, it should be a watch. I wanted to keep it in the $3-5K range and unfortunately can't be pre-owned (my dad is idiosyncratic and vintage/pre-owned doesn't work for him). I really wanted to get him the new Tudor Chrono or Black Bay as those would be fun watches that he could enjoy and fit a hole in his...
I have to disagree here: Carmina's have never triggered TSA screening here in the USA even in pre-check where I no longer have to take off my shoes.My Alden's however always set off the alarm with their metal shank, which has now made me stop traveling with them.That holds true for the U.S. YMMV in Europe and elsewhere.