or Connect

Posts by CHRK33

Beatlegeuse, it sounds like me and you have similar width issues with Barrie/Trubalance, where I just tie my Barrie boots up nice and tight and they work. I went up a half size on Plaza and stayed in the same D width and they definitely aren't too long. Nice and slim and no width issues and I can tie them normally. I would recommend you go 12.5D. I am fairly confident those will work for you. I don't think they would be too long for you. I am moving so all my shoes...
Thought lots of folks on this thread would be interested in this amazing Ravello preorder that Mike is doing. Epaulet is killing it with the special makeups. http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1373/Alden-Ravello-Shell-Semi-dsh-Brogue/Detail
Mike, thanks for putting this version up with the quickness. Going to be sick although 2 years from now. HAHAHA.Options and voting still up on the dressier version on the Grant and Double Waterloc Oiled Flex Sole. Cigar and ravello are in a tight race, with Cigar in the lead 5 to 4. And the vote for the last is 6 to 3, Grant over Plaza. You can vote here.
I am happy to put it up to another vote...But all we do is get in a circular never-ending situation. By the way, you are the only one who expressed an interest in speedhooks in the voting form.FYI, looks like the dressier version may be a cigar version. The vote is 5 to 4, Cigar on the dressier version. Ravello on the more casual one. Voting form updated here.
I would be happy to have the flat 360 welt on the more casual version. I have no problem with that. I would prefer it, but was attempting to create a differentiation for folks. Otherwise, not sure it is really worth going to the effort of having two different makeups where the difference is only last and sole (albeit the two most significant things). Let's keep things as is right now and see how the voting turns out.No one wanted speedhooks on the original makeup, so...
Just to clarify, the more casual boot has the following differentiated specs:Leydon Last Commando Sole 360 Degree Storm WeltNo one had really voted for a closed heel on the original makeup, so I made the storm welt modification to make it more rugged, but kept it 360 degree which was almost everyone's preference.For the dressier version the specs are as follows:Grant or Plaza Last Double Waterloc Oiled Flex Sole 360 Degree Flat WeltFor those who voted for the dressier...
Stevent, not sure how wide of a last you need, but considering this is MTO you can order any width you want to accommodate your feet.
Right now the vote for the shell color is 6 to 1 with Ravello leading.I think those two options sound good; the only suggestion I would have is that I would suggest using the Plaza last for the dressier boot version. Not really sure the Grant is really that much sleeker than the Leydon.Also, considering we only have 7 votes so far, I am concerned that we may not have as many as we originally thought for a #4 version. But let's see how that plays out.For all those who...
The "Obscura" inspired boot will be either on the Grant or Leydon last. And it will be with the toe medallion.You can express your preferences here...If we have sufficient interest, we may be able to do a dressier and more casual version of the boot. We initially had 29 votes for the #4 version."Obscura" Inspired Boot Preference Form
Well said, NYR. And those would be my preferred combinations as well. Sick makeups.