or Connect

Posts by CHRK33

@gdl203, Greg, are you going to have any special surprises for us at the coming Styleforum trunk show?
There are at least two more amazing Inglese flannel shirts that I saw on my recent visit that should be going up soon. They are gonna fly, so be ready!
I just checked and I am embarrassed at how many items I have ordered from NMWA. I am stepping away from the computer and going to a support session.
In a very pleasant way.
For me personally, I much prefer the new version of the 1815 up/down. The size is much better for someone my size (6'3), yet 39mm is still classic and not oversized. The 36mm was too small for my taste. Also, I like the pop of red on the power reserve sub-dial and finally and most importantly, the all new movement is improved including a full 72 hour power reserve, rather than the 45 hours of the old one. Like I said, the very slightly cut off 7 and 5 don't bother me...
You mean the slightly cut off 7 and 5? For some reason, it doesn't bother me at all as it is extremely minor and adds a bit of quirkiness in my eyes, which I like.
So the sizing is obviously very personal but I just measured two Cantarelli Spring/Summer blazers and my navy fresco Formosa and the shoulder measurements you quoted are accurate. However, the two makers give me very different fits - Formosa has a lot of drape and is conservative, which I want in a suit. The Cantarelli is more snug and being unlined has a more close fitting, fashionable look. Both work for me personally and I like being able to switch up the look.I think I...
Frills, good question: I actually think with all its polished surfaces and beautiful bezel and delicate-feeling bracelet, I would be concerned about how well the 15202 would hold up during physical activity, both aesthetically and from the perspective of its movement.I feel more comfortable wearing my overseas Chrono on a rubber strap or my LV Sub - they just feel more robust and sturdier. It could be purely psychological though. I am pretty careful with my watches.
Agreed that they are very different but in this instance, I lust after the new 1815 up/down. That could very well be my one watch - and this coming from a 15202 owner. I think the 1815 up/down can be dressed down very easily and would work beautifully as a daily wearer. Obviously not for sporty activities or at the beach (the 15202 doesn't do that duty either), but for everything else it would absolutely brilliant.
Of course, happy to offer my two cents. First of all, these Portuguese Flannels are really stellar - the fabrics are awesome and super comfy. There are a couple thicker herringbone-ish ones that would be perfect overshirts and then a really soft mid-weight green flannel (amongst others) that would look killer with a tweed or corduroy sportscoat. Do not sleep on them.So I am 6'3, 190lbs with long arms. I wear 52L in both Formosa and Cantarelli (my shoulders are broad...