or Connect

Posts by Ty_Webb

I think the laws of thermodynamics would tend to disagree.
I saw something fairly unusual on the subway today. Got the shuttle from Grand Central over to 7th Ave and on track 4, the signs on the pillars said "14th Street". As I had been walking in I bumped into someone who I vaguely recognised. Then I realised it was Chris Rock. I guess they're filming something and the shuttle is the sensible place to do that because there are other platforms providing the same service. Kind of funky seeing signs for 14th Street at Grand Central...
I have indeed. That got shot down by my future wife. :-\
Ha! Exactly. Morning suits. Grey striped trousers, dark grey coat and a silver waistcoat.
Because I have 8 of them to get and the ones in my post are from thetiebar and cost $15 each, but the Hober one (which is very nice I admit) is $80 each, so $120 versus $640. Weddings be expensive enough already.
Can I trouble people for their thoughts on these ties for groomsmen? I think I like the third one the best...
I think it must have been the 2011, but I don't have it in front of me to check. Both bottlings are on the website for $349.99 I note.
Enjoy! That might very well be my favourite scotch. I got it for 215 sterling, which is about $340 at the moment in Heathrow duty free. I thought that was a pretty good deal. $300 is very good indeed.
Now. Question for everyone here. I'm getting married later this summer and for my honeymoon I will be spending about 36 hours in LA (on the way to somewhere a little more tropical). While I'm there I'm thinking it would be fun to rent something "interesting". Was originally thinking Lambo, but that's going to run about $3k all told for a day and a half, which is a little steep. Likewise, the 'rari is that much for a 430 and the 458 or California is 4k+. So I'm looking for...
One of the partners at my work back in the UK had a 911 turbo for a long time. He loved it. Then he sold it and bought himself a DB9. Everyone at work was drooling over the thing. So pretty. A year later it was gone and he had another 911 turbo. I asked him why and he said he loved the Aston, but he felt like he couldn't leave it anywhere. He drove it from home to work and back again and that was it. The 911 he felt like he could drive it and park it up somewhere and not...