or Connect

Posts by Ty_Webb

I shall watch that over the next couple of days I think. Be good fodder for the train. Thanks!
Hi all, Not sure if this is the best place for this, but hey ho. Two questions: 1) My little boy was born last year and I would like to get hold of a bottle of something from 2015 that will be good to drink in 2036 for his 21st birthday. I have no idea if 2015 was a good enough year anywhere to have wines that might last this long. Looking not to spend too too much, but can stretch a bit, especially if it significantly improves the chances of the wine being still good....
I think the laws of thermodynamics would tend to disagree.
Fair enough and fair enough. Thanks
I have no personal experience of this (fortunately), but isn't it apparently extremely hard to actually pull the trigger, even when you're in imminent danger? I was under the impression that a pretty good part of military training is about teaching soldiers to pull the trigger when they have an enemy soldier in their sights. It's quite plausible that if Z had his gun out he may well not have pulled the trigger until he was dazed by his head being bashed on the...
I saw something fairly unusual on the subway today. Got the shuttle from Grand Central over to 7th Ave and on track 4, the signs on the pillars said "14th Street". As I had been walking in I bumped into someone who I vaguely recognised. Then I realised it was Chris Rock. I guess they're filming something and the shuttle is the sensible place to do that because there are other platforms providing the same service. Kind of funky seeing signs for 14th Street at Grand Central...
I have indeed. That got shot down by my future wife. :-\
File a lawsuit against an insurance company for charging high premiums? Well I never!From an insurance company's point of view, having armed teachers is a higher risk, even though the kids may be at less risk, because of who is at fault. If a teacher leaves a gun in an unlocked drawer and a kid finds it and shoots someone, the school would I think be liable. If a teacher shot a kid for whatever reason, the school would be liable. If the school bans guns and someone comes...
Ha! Exactly. Morning suits. Grey striped trousers, dark grey coat and a silver waistcoat.
Because I have 8 of them to get and the ones in my post are from thetiebar and cost $15 each, but the Hober one (which is very nice I admit) is $80 each, so $120 versus $640. Weddings be expensive enough already.