or Connect

Posts by ClambakeSkate

Does anyone (even MC brands) do a fully hand-made shoe? As in: not a single machine touches the shoe? All hand-stitched. Even the uppers. I'm not talking about hand-welted. Someone told me that Lattanzi does them, but I don't know about that...
Hmmm... Just to clarify, I've not dealt with AL as a customer nor have I ever communicated with anyone at the store personally. But when people around work talk about AL they always refer to a "him". Maybe it's a husband and wife team?All I know is that the store is operated like no other and the people running it seem to know their customers well and know what they want.
I've dealt with AL. From what I understand he sells everything long before he gets it in the store. He runs his business unlike anyone else, he's a real individual.
I'm a little concerned what you're doing with a box full of my shirts.
Sorry but if Luxire is really making leathers in India, the inconsistent nature of TOJ will look like nothing in comparison to Indian factory leathers. I worked for a place where we worked with a few leather factories in India for a couple years before we stopped trying. They can make great samples and quote great prices. But the production quality looked and felt NOTHING like the sample every time. And the delays became unbelievable. Good luck!
The horizontal pockets take it out of the douchy-rock/moviestar-I-live-in-LA look and into a more historically-researched-garment place. It's sill a black leather jacket but is subtly more sophisticated. I like it.
It's a step in the right direction by getting them out of the "global" economy. The same economic system that outsources everything to poorer and poorer countries at a turnover rate of 2-5 years. Greece will have to learn to support themselves. It will be tough but ultimately good (again naive hope is all I can bank on at this point). And not to be corny but it's that old "buy a man a fish/teach a man to fish" thing at a much larger scale.
I'd like to think that the people are thinking more long-term (admittedly a very naive view). Yes, for the near future and for the current, and maybe next, generation, Greece will be a complete mess. But if they're able to dig themselves out from under it, they will have a huge victory on their hands. The fact that the populace voted against the bailout gives me hope that they're smarter than the banks are giving them credit for.
The eurozone dummies and the IMF were hoping Greece would come groveling back to them for another bailout so they could essentially take the entire country as collateral. The Greeks said "fuck that" and now I'm very interested to see what's next. I'm not sure many EU countries are happy being in the euro. Although Greece is a relatively small part of the EU it could be the start of a huge domino effect where Europeans can separate themselves from the world bank, which is...
Pure democracy in action. I hope the Greek people get what they want. And that the eurozone crew doesn't force in some last minute financial advisor or bailout. Fuck that. Good for the people of Greece. A step in the right direction I think.