or Connect

Posts by ClambakeSkate

A lot of the SZ favorite designers/makers use a lot of kangaroo for their footwear, brands like Carol Christian Poell, Augusta/a1923, Guidi, etc.I imagine that Alden and other dressier shoemakers don't use kangaroo is because the leather is so lightweight and thin that it doesn't hold it's shape well and under a suit would look sloppy.
Damn, if this was a few days later I would meet up for sure. I'll be in the area visiting my folks from July 11-20. If anyone wants to go to Brimfield on Saturday the 12th or Sunday the 13th I will probably try to get out there weather permitting. I'll probably come into Boston a day or 2 earlier in the week (probably July 14-16) to hit a few shops and visit with some friends if anyone wants to meet for coffee or a drink or anything.
@AlexanderTG have you checked your spam box in your email? SZ mods will send you a confirmation email and you need to activate your account through a link in the email.
I love the white/natural/cream patchwork pieces.
True Confession: I thought "The Stanley Parable" was something relating to Stanley Van Buren and possibly Miran until I googled it.
If you had a beard you'd look like the Gentry model. Maybe get some inspiration from that dude.
Guidi are super comfortable. Those Lost + Found boots are hideous and I can't imagine how one would wear them unless they are Mad Max or something.
It really depends on the fabric. Some suiting fabrics get over $200/yd at retail (and I'm sure higher, I'm just not baller enough to know/care) so 40 euro/meter doesn't seem out of line. But it really is on a fabric by fabric basis.
For the wool blend slim fit suiting, should I order my OCBD size? I wear XS in the non-slim fit OCBD and can barely squeeze into my slim fit XS OCBD because I've been eating too many burgers and playing too many video games lately. I have the 100% linen jacket from last summer in XS and it's a little roomy but for a linen jacket it's fine.
lol, all these people talking about fashion school... Ay yi yi. I went to school for fashion, in fact, I have a diploma for it! Some students know more than others about other designers, but the truth of it is, back when I went to school, you couldn't find full collections on the internet. We had to rely on the seasonal collection magazines that we had to travel to NYC to buy and they were $150 per issue. There were separate ones for Mens and womens and Milan and Paris....