Posts by ClambakeSkate

@LA Guy Maybe we can move the posts regarding the dirty backroom dealings of fashion's underbelly into a thread called "fashion politics" or something of that nature (BUT PLEASE NOT IN GENERAL CHAT or any of the non-fashion subforums) so as not to disrupt those who wish to look at fashion with bright eyes and bushy tails. Because, like I've said, I don't intend to piss on anyone's parade.
Which is directly linked to our over consumption."oh man, this new shirt will look great on instagram!"BUY NOWWear shirt. Post insta. Put in closet.Repeat process until we are all suffocated by fabric.
@nahneun Sure, thanks for clarifying for me. All I'm really asking is the people consider where and whom they are buying from. Because I don't want to rain on anyone's fashion parade. But if people realize more and more each time they buy a $3 tshirt or a $9 pair of jeans that a human made them they will think that maybe they wouldn't want to work that hard on something only to be paid pennies for it.
@dieworkwear No offense to you personally, but it is the businessmen/women of the world who are causing many of the problems. I don't know exactly what "economic development" entails as I went to design school ("4-year long summer arts+crafts camp" as I like to call it) so my understanding of the real world is minimal. But I do know that big banking and big business do not consider human impact on the path to making fistfuls of cash, well, most of them don't. Have you...
I'm sorry, like I said, I don't have an answer... and honestly, I think we (humans) are too far gone at this point anyway for the earth to survive for any reasonable amount of time into the future. It will be Bladerunner and then extinction. Anyway...But have you worked with these factories personally? You seem to have lots of insider info and insight, but I'm not 100% clear on your involvement.I have worked with them. I've been shown the bright and beautiful front offices...
The main problem is over-consumption. PERIOD. Made in China, Made in Japan, Made in India, Made in USA, Made in Italy, it's all the same. Nobody NEEDS closets full of clothing. Buy 2 full outfits. Wear one until it's dirty. Wash it. While it's drying wear your other one. But everyone thinks they need MORE MORE MORE because their lives are so miserable and unsatisfying that they buy things to feel good. And we (humans) are encouraging it. BUY NEW YEEZY BOOST V.5 NOW! Why...
and looks to destroy the legacy with a single lookbook.
full disclosure... 'twas a few years back (different market) and that particular week I went for broke and sold all my best pairs because I decided to stop wearing jeans. I'm wearing jeans now.
I didn't make any profit from my DH... [[SPOILER]]
My very first sf post was some photos of my favorite APC NS (which I actually sold 3 years later on ebay for $350) [[SPOILER]]