Posts by ClambakeSkate

I have no horse in this race, but I dare you to try to find someone who will make you a custom shirt pattern for ~$200 (assuming that 2-3 spools of the requested thread ate up the other $13). TRY IT.
@Zamb I'm not sure if you're aware of the issue, or perhaps it's an issue on my end, but often times in your email blasts the photos are rotated 90* so that they look like they are lying on their sides. I'm viewing the emails in gmail on chrome if that makes any difference.
drugs
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAYes, that is what I was trying to say...
How much do the patterns cost? You're saying you think they're less than developing new patterns... which means you have no idea how much a pattern SHOULD cost. Are you OK with throwing money out of the window? Do you have this money burning a hole in your pocket?Why is the seller "out of the business"?What city do you live in? I assume Chicago. I have a friend that ran a shirt company out of Chicago and he said it was difficult and has since moved to NYC.Do you know...
The question is extremely vague (not nearly enough details), but the fact that you're asking it makes me say "DON'T DO IT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING".
I think, again, that type of mentality can be traced to our disconnect with the people who are making our clothes. Cars are made by some sort of "magic" that the average human has absolutely no comprehension of... Whereas clothes are made by some old toothless poor woman bent over a sewing table. Idiots make clothes. Geniuses make cars.
@LA Guy Maybe we can move the posts regarding the dirty backroom dealings of fashion's underbelly into a thread called "fashion politics" or something of that nature (BUT PLEASE NOT IN GENERAL CHAT or any of the non-fashion subforums) so as not to disrupt those who wish to look at fashion with bright eyes and bushy tails. Because, like I've said, I don't intend to piss on anyone's parade.
Which is directly linked to our over consumption."oh man, this new shirt will look great on instagram!"BUY NOWWear shirt. Post insta. Put in closet.Repeat process until we are all suffocated by fabric.