or Connect

Posts by ClambakeSkate

During one of our critiques at school he actually crossed off the "bert" part of his name. He wanted to be called "Ro". Everyone was confused and he seemed to give up that fight pretty quick.
In Italy I see tons of dudes wearing tight garish clothes and tons more wearing terrible joggers and they have the same ridiculous haircut as David Beckham. Do they look like a "European style"? I guess.(?) But do they look good? Nope. And they look exactly the same as the douchy dudes I used to see all the time when I lived in nyc, which in case you're unaware is located in the good ol' USA. Why are you so obsessed with Europe vs USA? It doesn't matter. And not only are...
His boots are made in Italy, correct? Or Japan?
I could but I'd rather not talk shit about people; it doesn't add anything constructive. Also, the stories I've heard have been second hand; I've never met the man himself and heard his version of the story. But, from what I've heard, a number of people (designers and retailers) took advantage of Altieri during the height of his success and he suffered for it, and he's had difficulty climbing back ever since. I'm pretty sure none of the core members of his team have ever...
Regardless of how great m_moria is or will be it will never be what Carpe Diem was. Altieri was at the right place at the right time and surrounded himself with the best people to make Carpe Diem/Continues what is was. Paul McCartney is arguably a much better musician with tons more experience now than he was in the 60s and 70s but he'll never make anything near what the Beatles made. It's not possible. Nor could John or George before they passed. Altieri lived a good...
When I lived in NYC I hated clubs so much, even when my friends were throwing the parties and everything was free... Then I went to Berghain. AND MY LIFE WAS NEVER THE SAME.
There's something about shell that's difficult to appreciate until it's been worn (and beaten up) a bit. I have a pair of shell Alden that I babied when I first got them but now use them as total beater boots and they're awesome. I was recently working with a guy who was wearing a pair of thrifted shell alden derbies and everyone was asking him what they were. And almost all of those people were wearing really awesome Carpe Diem.
@brad-t boots look great! Have you been doing any maintenance on them? Brushing, oiling, etc? Haven't been wearing my KKA boots a ton but I've liked having the option to wear them when I need something a bit different from my norm.
I was in leclaireur last week and they had racks and racks of harnden and the sales guy was pushing it super hard until I told him I wasn't interested. I was told that 2 people who were traveling with some coworkers bought about 20 pieces of the stuff between them, I'd guess most at leclaireur, there were still racks overflowing with it. I'd be very suprised if they sell out quickly honestly.