Posts by ClambakeSkate

Yes, it's putting all of those pieces together. That was Maurizio Altieri that facilitated it all.
From what I understand Maurizio Altieri made the connection between the people at Guidi and the factories making the shoes. And the shape is secondary to the research that Carpe Diem did with the treatments of guidi's leather. Maurizio had all the formulas and the people at Guidi took that information and undercut Carpe Diem by cutting out the middleman.
Guidi was a leather supplier until they took all the production information from Carpe Diem.
I'm not being derisive... See in my post when I said "That's fine." Most people don't mind to buy something that is "close enough" to the real thing at a few bucks less. How do you think Luxire has become such a success. Hell, Guidi was a copycat brand, and my Guidis are some of my favorite shoes I own. I'm not pissing on anyone's parade. But like @t3hg0suazn implied (if I'm interpreting it correctly) it's too bad that we're patting ol' Leo on the back while calling...
Chiming in... There will always be copycat brands riding on the success of their predecessors... Bergfabel, LB, Rundholz, and... a1923 That's fine. If anything it pushes the real designers to move away from stuff that can be copied. There is this type of situation in most markets I'd guess, even the niche "artisinal" fashion market.
nothing will make the matching of those seams "easier". It's simply the level of patience and skill of the person making them. If one of those corners goes 1mm out of tolerance it will throw every other zig and zag out of place. It's as simple as that. It's a display of power. And it's not just the "stitching being even"... The patterns need to be precise. Then the cloth needs to be cut precisely. Then sewn precisely. Then pressed... you guessed it... precisely. Like I...
LEB's work is Basic Draping 101. Anyone who's ever done any draping gets it. I appreciate it, but to me it's much less innovative than Deepti's work. And don't get me started on unapersona or whatever ridiculous name it's going by these days... All of that anatomic seaming has been done to death at this point by these companies. It's boring. Deepti's work requires a huge amount of perfection and precision that is possible in industries where things are made by machines,...
Sure. That's true.
What she's done with the "crash" seams is a beginning of an experiment. It's what patternmakers do. Patternmaking is equivalent to architecture in the sense that a creator must build from pieces until it becomes whole. And honestly, for anyone that knows anything about clothing production, those pieces are unbelievably difficult to understand how she was able to have them produced. And perhaps that doesn't translate well to the layperson. I see that collection as a test...
yes... but what about how it fits through the leg?