or Connect

Posts by ClambakeSkate

This is it. The retail prices are set with the thought that at 30-40% off they will still make their margin. We always did it when I worked in corporate companies, but now luxury brands are forced to follow along with this model because almost nobody will buy anything unless it's on sale these days.
I love skating (been doing it since I was 4) and love "fashion" (my chosen career) but NEVER NEVER NEVER will I combine the 2. They should be kept separate and every time I see an ad with a model holding a skateboard with the trucks set up backwards or some other bullshit I simply add that brand to my list of companies I will never buy anything from.
Nah, my 017 are definitely more "pointy" than my 988 and 992. But that's not to say that they're pointy like some of the CM shoes but still...
I love my 017. Very underrated I'd say.
Don't turn it into a fedora that's ridiculous. It's not for me but keep it as is I'd say.
bergfabel is made in Italy, no? Ph is made in the uk. Italian fabrics vs British fabrics. Ph has a pile of Japanese interns lined up at the door to churn out the same jacket until the sun burns out. Bergfabel is too small to get the Japanese kids wanting to work there for free so I'm sure they're forced to pay the enormous costs of Italian labor. But yeah bergfabel is trying to pick up ph's scraps for sure. I don't think they're doing well and people seem to being...
Maybe I'm off base here but I was watching this video today and thought of this thread. It's pretty standard rap style I suppose, I know there were some images of wu-tang posted last page, but Diplomats always represented a very specific time (early to mid 00's) and place (NYC, Harlem) for me, and I think they really owned the look in a much more significant and unified way. They pushed it to it's peak to the point that right after these guys fell from grace everyone...
Those Reeboks only remind me of that brief moment in time when Reebok had a skate team and Kareem Campbell was on it and those were his signature shoe. This was just about the time he appeared in 20 shot sequence (?) skating in untied tims. So clearly he was the king of skateboarding footwear at the time. But even that couldn't help sell those shoes. Now it looks like palace is re-releasing them as skate specific shoes. Fuck palace.
AA expanded too much too quickly. Everyone blames Dov Charney because he's a pedophile but the downfall of the company can likely be traced to some greedy businessmen at the higher level positions in the company chasing quarterly gains. Not that I think Charney is a good guy or anything but he's an easy scapegoat for a bunch of nameless/faceless investors.
He just "designed" the next season in front of your very eyes.