or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

Found these really cool Faconnable penny loafers. They looked pretty rough when I snagged them, but a couple coats of polish and some brushing later they look killer. Am I crazy, or are these made (in the U.S.A.) by Allen Edmonds? Everything about their construction leads me to believe they are.
Not sure what Vitale Barberis Canonico means, but the Zanella micro-check unicorns I found are made out of it.
Had my best day ever last week, but unfortunately only keeping one thing. Luckily, it is really rad. I've been looking for a new bag for a couple months now and the thrift gods smiled on me.Vintage, NOS Banana Republic cotton twill bag with leather and brass trim. Made in the UK! Not sure of the era, probably early 80s?more deets below the fold... [[SPOILER]]
We used to run into this (mainly because we buy huge-ass loaves and sometimes get burnt out), but we've found some awesome stuff to do with it depending on the season.Winter: French onion soup, or homemade stuffing for game-hens / turkeys, etc. You can make some amazing bonkers stuff with everything from old baguettes to round sourdough loaves. Also... BREAD PUDDING!Summer: Croutons for salad. Incredibly easy.Any season: Give dat shit to the birds and watch them get fat.
Question for anyone in the know...Found three pairs of vintage sunglasses at an estate sale. They're all ladies. One was a pair of Christian Dior butterflies, the other was a 14k gold plate Persols. I picked up this third pair simply because the other two were so nice, but I can't find anything about these. They're well made (if a bit gaudy, and likely from the same era as the aforementioned butterflies), and the only markings I can find on them is one arm says "Parilux"...
Quick question for those in the know... I have a bottle of vintage perfume that I want to sell on the ebay. It seems to do quite well. However, USPS says on their site that perfumes are restricted items. So, anyone have experience shipping (domestic US only) perfume? What's the best bet? Feel free to PM me. Danke in advance.
DM7 and Mainy are like the Walter White and Jesse Pinkman of high end menswear resale apparently.
Old school week... also:
Shoot me a PM when you list this one. Might just fit my sasquatch self.
Kop?