or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

Best record scores in awhile (there were more in the haul, but these are my favorites)
Nat (or anyone else). Is this a thing? It is heavy as heck for what it is, and the styling is amazing.
Found a couple neat things today. First up, this rad tweed hat from Edinsburgh Woollen Mill For those who like old stuff, I found this pair of "California Bantams" by Crosby Square shoes. I knew they were old from the nail pattern, but from what I can find it seems like they could be as old as the 40s... Crazy part is that the uppers are nearly flawless. If anyone is interested in seeing more pics, I'll try to get some in better light. They're pretty cool.
Another fun find. Mid 80s PRL ceramic mug set, still new in box.
Been lurking, but not getting out much due to work. Had a couple nice hits yesterday, though. Cashmere Etro, super crazy Paul Stuart, nicest Talbott I've ever held, ollllld J Press. Really nice Samuelsohn staple suit. How old is this label? Some rekkids. Super stoked about the Europa Jazz and Switched on Beatles.
8 and 5. (Fingers crossed)
This is too short for me, but it seems like a screamin' deal (not my auction) http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAUL-STUART-NY-LIGHT-BEIGE-PLAID-PATTERN-100-EXTRA-FINE-WOOL-SUIT-43L-42-/321234893867?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item4acb177c2b
It's been lamer than lame here, but I've enjoyed following the thread. No major thrift scores recently, but I did find this at a garage sale. HUGE (about 3x4 feet) silk WW2 escape map of Japan and South China. It's not worth a ton, but it's in really great shape given the age. Incredibly detailed, with all kinds of land features and ocean currents. We're going to figure out a way to mount it safely and frame it for preservation, as they're getting rarer all the time.
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT NAT. I think you just broke the thread.
Ran across a really neat Ferragamo tie. Saw this hat and it felt incredibly substantial when I picked it up. Not really my style, but I flipped it over and looked at the inside of the brim. Whoot. Also wished I still played tennis, as I found a minty Head Flexpoint 6.