or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

Considering we're heading into what is traditionally the "down" season with summer, this thread has just been killing it lately. I haven't thrifted as much the past couple months, as I'd been training for (then running in) my second ever half (new PR, whoot!). I've been keeping up with things here, though, and ya'll have been slaying it.I'm sorta back in the game, and all of the following finds have dropped in the past week.My first Hermes in a looooong time!Some like-new...
It wasn't a true thrift at all, rather a consignment shop. Let's just say I'll have to sell it for a c-note to double my money. (yeah, yeah, make fun of me, but this was the FIRST TIME I'd ever seen one!)
Cherry popped... [[SPOILER]] Also found the belt of the baddest man ever. It has a HUGE vintage buckle with an eagle on it.
Found a lot of stuff today. Pics tomorrow when there is better light.
Yeah, I definitely didn't buy it to use as a pocket square. It seemed like a really nice women's scarf, but I was unable to determine maker, so I thought I'd see if anyone in here knew.
Pick this up because it was super cheap and really well-made but I have no idea who made it. Anyone have an idea from the design? It's about 24"x24" square. Also found some super crispy NOS Levi's from the 70s. Good times.
Holy ish at theODGuy. 3 effing Barbours and a Tom Ford? Can't wait to see what that is. This isn't my best find of the day, but it's my favorite. How long you think it's been since BR made shirts like this? (Yes, I am a sucker for pretty much anything BR or A&F vintage)
My faves haven't even been mentioned..."Synecdoche, NY" (one of my favorite films of the past ten years)"Punch Drunk Love" (- Seriously, god dammit!)"The Savages""Boogie Nights"PLUS all his roles in flims like "25th Hour," "Talented Mr. Ripley," "Magnolia," "Hard Eight," on and on and on and on and on.UGHHHH. One of the best actors of his generation, easily.
Just found a ridiculous vintage herringbone overcoat. Made by Richman Brothers on... 9/29/45 No size tags inside, so I have a feeling it's going to be a spitball trying to figure out sizing. Anyone have a link to a good rough guide on figuring out the size on an overcoat?
Caseyfud, that old Hardy Amies tweed is oar some.