or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

I know that Ryan Gosling made the puffy satin embroidered jacket hip again, but this is 'MERICA!
So pitted.
Picked this up and thought it was some crazy ninja wool hooded streetwear thing. Turns out it's just some massively heavy-duty bush jacket. Probably the craziest thing I've found in this young year so far.
I just ran 6 through 3 inches of snow and a minus 8 windchill. Was going to do more, but I'm kind of a wimp.
@capnwes and @Spoopoker, you guys are awesome. As a guy with a toddler of my own, that's seriously generous. This is a great community. I don't post here as often as most, but I follow religiously and ya'll seem like a great group. Cheers to everyone in 2014.
Found some decent rekkids today. A couple awesome Nonesuch Explorer Series (especially love Drummers of Burundi), and the oddly semi-elusive Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack as well as a cool old Dylan Thomas 2LP reading. Also most likely my rarest find in awhile, an LP by Curtis Knight Zeus, who was the dude sorta semi-credited with helping discover Jimi Hendrix. Several members of his band on this LP went on to play with Motorhead on some of their best cuts.
Had quite a few people interested in those hats I mentioned. More pictures and details in the spoilered... [[SPOILER]]
After finding that Sierra Designs 60/40 about two weeks ago, I got all psyched today when stumbling across something similar...Turns out, it's a weird vintage 60/40-esque thing made from a KIT in the early 70s. Not a ton of information on it, but it's still pretty cool... [[SPOILER]] Also, the belt of a true badass... I also found a pile of vintage tweed hats. Dunn & Co Harris Tweed, Churchill Ltd, Dobbs, Stetson, all pretty sweet. If anyone is interested, I could post...
If everyone posted all the worthless stuff they passed on, this thread would be lame as hell. Seriously, just stop.
Insert popcorn-eating image here.