or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

First up is a pair of NWOT Allen Edmond Randolph in a size 10C. As you can see from the pictures, these have never been worn (or maybe worn once inside on carpet, either way they're beauties). Black in color and no issues other than one faint scratch on the sole of the right shoe (see pic). Unfortunately don't come with box, trees, or bag. $100 shipped priority USPS with insurance. Holler if you have any questions. Next up is a pair of Allen Edmond Byron in size...
Quote: Originally Posted by SimonC Alden No. 8 shell boots: Freaking lovely boots. Nice find!
Quote: Originally Posted by Ace_Face About a month ago, Nataku was nice enough enough to sell me a beat up 1966 Omega Seamaster in pretty rough shape. Here's what it looked like when he sent it to me: Here's what it's looks like after the jeweler put in a new crystal, cleaned up the innards, polished the case and put on a new strap: Thanks again, Nat! This is a beautiful restoration job! Looks like a new watch and should last...
Must have been an Allen Edmonds kind of day for me. Found a NWOT pair of Randolph penny loafers in size 10C. Unworn and lovely, unfortunately not in my size... Also found two separate pairs of AE Byron cap-toe oxfords in different sizes (9.5D and 12C) at the same store. They're in used, but excellent condition. Oh, and the kicker(!) is a pair of women's fire-engine red vintage Nocona cowboy boots. Too small for my wife in size 6, but if anyone wants them for their...
Just randomly stumbled onto this thread and read about 50 pages of it. I'll try to drop back in, but I thought I would post a picture of our dogs. They're 7 and 8 years old, but still have the energy of puppies. 20 pound balls of muscle, and good little buddies.
Quote: Originally Posted by Digmenow Smartphone (IPhone, Droid, etc.) with internet lets you put all the interesting stuff in a shopping cart and google all the brands on the spot. Exactly. All it takes is one good non-miss per month or so and the phone pays for itself and then some.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku The shirt was in a discount store which is how I knew it was NWOT (everything in there has shop-wear at most. Some items still have tags, some don't). Here are some shots of the Billy Reid. Got it from the same store that the above mentioned Borrelli was at. The inside lining is actually a button-in canvass work apron! Leather straps, metal hardware, etc. This thing is amazing! Almost makes me want fall to roll...
Went to a usual haunt and found a really lovely Sulka tie and a NWT Ferragammo (with the Saks tag still on it). Was taking them up to purchase and realized the Sulka had a water spot that I didn't want to deal with, so I put it back. Got to the register and realized that the Ferragammo had the polybarb stapled right through the front of the tie, visibly popping several silk threads and basically ruining it. I pointed this out to the cashier and she could have given a...
Decent day. Found a pair of NWOT Allen Edmonds black penny loafers (Randolphs) in size 10. Not my size, but these things are minty mint if anyone is interested. Also found a bunch of ties, including a stash from someone who must have been a hunter/outdoorsman, as nearly all of the ties have birds on them. An old Robert Talbott with a duck motif, and a couple older Lands' Ends with pheasants. Also, a weird custom tie made for the New York Stock Exchange with a repeating...
Sold stuff to snipy and hyakku and millemots in the past month and they've all been super-cool and a pleasure to deal with.