or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

Prices below include 1st class USPS shipping in the United States in a bubble-wrap mailer with a piece of cardboard for stiffness. If you wish to have a different method of mailing, PM, or buy 3 or more ties and I'll upgrade to priority USPS for free. If you're interested in more than one, make me an offer and I'll knock money off as well, I need to clear out my closet a bit. All ties are in used, but excellent (9 out of 10 or more) condition. Art-deco inspired Brioni...
Today was almost a complete and total bust. Found some Zanella pants, but they were pleated and way too small for me so I didn't snag them. They were 32/30 if I remember, so I can snag them for someone if they're interested (navy blue with faint gray stripes). The only thing that made my day worth going out at all was finding an autographed (in gold marker) copy of Ghostfast Killah's "Fishscales" album. Boom-schwacky!
Quote: Originally Posted by caseyfud I'll be back in that area on Friday, and I'll be sure to take a look at it again. If the pants are the size you're looking for, should I immediately pick it up or check with you beforehand? I shot you a PM, if the pants are my size (and not massively pleated), snag it. Danke!
Quote: Originally Posted by caseyfud Thrifting close encounter today: first, I found a silk/wool sport coat tagged 36S, but when I tried it on the shoulders hung about a half inch over my own on each side. Then, I found a Hickey Freeman suit in navy - very modern, everything in order, and I thought maybe I'd pick it up to flip, until I saw that it was tagged 41XL, a size I imagine isn't in high demand. If you're back at that place in the near...
One time, I got a book home that I'd picked up at a thrift store and it had an unmarked Home Depot gift card in it as a bookmark (that I'd somehow missed). Took it the next time I went out to HD and handed it to the cashier when it was time to check out. It still had $50 credit on it. Schwing! I've found that in suits and sport coats, the most common paper finds are pieces of paper with information on: Graduations Funerals
Bump for another round of 10% drops.
Quote: Originally Posted by tonylumpkin ...a Nuovo Simonelli Ellimatic espresso machine. An identical machine finished at $260 on eBay tonight, but if I can figure out how it works (no manuals), I'm going to keep it as I fear my much loved and much used Starbucks Barista is going to give out on me any day now. $35 for the Elli. Behold the power of my google-fu. Hope it works for you!
Nothing mind-blowing, but I did find some interesting ties for cheap yesterday. From left to right, top to bottom... Brooks Brothers, Zegna x 4, Brioni (my first one!), Robert Talbott Studio. I'm going to be ditching everything but the Brooks Bros, so if anyone sees anything they're interested in, PM me. I'm also totally down for trades/partial trades/etc. I'm looking for summer jackets in my size, esp a seersucker jacket (and it needn't be uber high-end, a Lands End...
Bump for another round of 10% drops. I'll probably drop these about 25% more before they go on sleezebay. As mentioned above, feel free to make an offer.
Bump for price drops on each of these. I'd like to move these fairly soon, so if you're interested at all in either pair, make me an offer. Thanks.