or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

It's pretty much been bustsville in terms of clothing here lately, but I did find a rad couch about a week ago. Mid-century style (7 feet long!) in naugahyde and chrome. Made by Patrician (who apparently make high-end stuff for government and healthcare industries). $100 and kind of a pain to get home, but considering we had been looking for a new couch... suh-sweet!
Me x 5. I've watched your stuff on ebay many a times and definitely would be interested in getting the down low.16x37 shirts, 42L (or extra long) suits/sc's, 13 shoes.
You can look at it this way, but also realize that 95% + of the people hitting the thrift stores hard in the past 2 weeks or so have absolutely no idea what to look for. I went to a Goodwill yesterday and it was picked clean too, but you know what? There was tons of crap that had been sitting on the racks for weeks that was gone as well. I am willing to almost guarantee that people on this board will absolutely rake it in this week as thrift stores re-fill the racks from...
Oh, and I almost forgot the cream (pun intended) of the crop... Vintage (I know it's vintage because there was a gas-station receipt from 1986 in the pocket) 38L (I think) Paul Stuart double-breasted suit (pants not pictured) in cream-colored linen. INSANE. Also found a really nice blue Luciano Barbera shirt with MOP buttons. Again, not my freaking size... (it's a medium)...
Haven't been out much lately, but I've had a really fun past couple of days. Lots of interesting stuff, but sadly none of it is my size, so make trade/purchase offers if anything looks interesting. Vintage Ralph Lauren Polo Herringbone sport coat 42L (with the old school union tags) Dunn & Co Chocolate Brown corduroy sport coat 40L Paul Stuart 44L houndstooth plaid sport coat (absolutely gorgeous, older model but looks exactly like some of the stuff from their...
I based my estimate on the union tags and general styling. Could be early 80s as well, but I really don't think it's a lot later than that. Could be wrong, though.I have a hard time telling the difference between Glen Check and houndstooth plaid, honestly. You're probably right. Believe me, I checked the sleeves for extra fabric, as it fits me perfectly just about everywhere else. Unfortunately there's not enough to let so I'm a sad panda.Measurements on it are:Shoulder to...
It's not RLPL, but it's still a pretty okay find... Vintage (I'm guessing late 70s by the Union tag) Polo Ralph Lauren sport coat in cream/brown houndstooth plaid. Some sort of wool/linen mix with ticket pocket and side vents. Sadly, arms are too short for me... Edit: this jacket sold. Thanks for all the interest, peeps.
Speaking of Facconable, I just picked up a nice brown/white striped spread collar shirt with shiny little MOP buttons in 18.5 regular. Totally not my size, but I'd be down for a trade or cheap sale if anyone is interested.
Found the weirdest stack of records today. Totally disparate, but a lot of great stuff for $1 each. Kevin Ayers/John Cale/Brian Eno/Nico - June 1, 1974 Timothy Leary & Ash Ra Tempel - Seven Up Stevie Wonder - Innervisions Kool Keith - Black Elvis (love this album, but I think it's going to go up for sale, as it goes for lots of $$) Phil Manzanera - Diamond Head plus, a couple of really great foreign albums I bought on a whim Del Ecuador - Algo Especial En Musica (can't...
Hit three places today and had a massive bust on the clothing end, but found quite a few excellent records for $1 each. Ahmad Jamal - Night Songs, Genetic Walk Hubert Laws - Afro Classic Benny Carter - Further Definitions (original Impulse press) Toshiko Akiyoshi Trio - Dedications Tom Waits - Foreign Affairs, Blue Valentine aaaaanddd my favorite (and probably best find).... Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave (original A&M press)