or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

Some of those would be insane to find at a thrift store (Moots, Lynskey), just because they're generally newer brands and their high-end status. Someone could luck into one, though.I've been a bike-nut for many years now and I rarely find great stuff, but have had a good string of finds the past couple years. First, I found two vintage (early 80s) Trek road bikes in my frame size (25") within about six months of each other (one for $50, one for $15). I turned one into a...
Not a designer label, but I found a siiiiiiiiiick sport coat the other day. Made for a regional, high-end clothing shop, this sucker is 100% wool tartan and has some beautiful pattern matching and wooden buttons along with lapels so wide that Tom Ford just got a chub (I'm guessing it's 70s era). After a trip to my tailor, is going to be my new go-to jacket for slaying it.
You know what they say...
Hey now. Those shoes look great!
Had a decent day after another bit of a drought. Found myself a really cool pair of Ballin (?!) pants in sort of a burnt umber that are just totally... ballin. (*cough*) Also snagged this really neat tie by Geoff Nicholson. Never heard of him, but it's self-tipped and 100% wool that feels like cashmere. Just a lovely feel. Also picked up this nice woven Altea. Really sharp looking. Snagged the following jackets, even though they don't fit (aka they're for trade or...
I've seen several posts in here lately were people are mentioning returning stuff to thrift stores. Do people actually do that? Seriously? Seems pretty oily to me to buy a bunch of stuff, then check the internet to see if it's worth anything before returning it to a thrift store. WTF?
Women's jacket.
Based on the usual stuff I find around here, my guess is that they're mega old, but then again I know very little about C&J and high-end shoe logos in general. I'd hope that they aren't fake (and would guess that they're not based on the super supple leather), but who knows... maybe someone is doing that shit.
Spoo, you had mentioned wanting to see more photos of the Crockett and Jones shoes that I'd found, and I finally got around to taking them. Here are a couple, but I've created an album of 8 photos for those who want to see more. Couple notes: You were right about them being hand grade (of course). I took a photo of the sole of the shoes and you can actually see part of the stamp (photo #8). They're incredibly low wear, as is evidence by the photo above of the...
Good day for me. Found 3 NEW cedar shoes in my size. Was needing a few, so it stocked me up (at $2.99 a pair). Also found some great LPs (a couple old New Order, a rad Soft Cell mega 12", and a super old Art of Noise) and some nice Dr. Seuss books for my daughter. Also found a couple keeper ties for myself and all of the following, which are for trade/sale if anyone is interested... This one is 15.5 slim fit, I don't think you can read the tag. Great colors,...