or Connect

Posts by mistermidwester

Finally, some interesting finds for me out in the middle of nowhere. First up...My first shells in the wild, Alden for Brooks Brothers, no? [[SPOILER]] A vintage double-breasted jacket. Nice-looking, but just look at the details... [[SPOILER]] Lastly, does anyone know anything about Diesel jeans? Are they worth anything? Picked this pair up for myself, and unfortunately the curse of the cyclists thighs strikes again. 34x34 and they're beautiful, with sort of a grey...
I am in no way affiliated with this auction and I know it doesn't really belong in this thread, but I ran across this thing tonight while searching ebay and it's frankly just begging to be owned. NWT vintage Woolrich Red Plaid Hunting Jacket and matching pants If I had more occasions to look like a badass lumberjack, I would have already pulled the trigger.
It's marked 42R, but I can feel a couple inches of fabric in the sleeves. I'm going to take it to my tailor next week to see if I can make it work for myself, but if not... it will be available.
Couple quick questions... One: Picked up a nice pair of J Crew wingtip boots in dark brown. All leather, leather soles with stacked leather heel. They need a little love but the leather is nice quality and I think they'll look amazing once I've worked with them (sorry about the crap picture). Only details inside are "Made in Italy." Anyone knows who might make them? Second: I know Tommy Hilfiger gets no love, but I found this really rad black watch tartan jacket a...
It probably wasn't worn that much, but I'm guessing it ended up in a pile on the floor at the foot of the bed a lot.Hubba-hubba!
From my eye, it looks like a carpet beetle larvae. They will take apart a wool shirt in no time, so clean that thing ASAP and don't let it near your other wool/silk.
Thrift fit: Sport coat: Nordstrom silk/linen mix. Shirt: Lands' End OCBD Pants: Lands' End Tie: Lands' End silk knit Pocket Square: Vintage cotton hanky Shoes: Bass Weejuns Nothing too high-end. All thrifted or traded.
It's been bustsville for me thrifting lately, but I must enter into the dog discussion with our two Boston Terrors.
Been keeping up with this thread as usual and feeling jealous of all the great finds, and I finally broke a long drought with a capnwes-esque haul of vintage cufflinks (all Anson, Hickok and Swank). I still have zilch for french cuff shirts in my wardrobe, so all of these are likely available. Make me an offer (or trade offer, see my deets). 2 nice burgundy/maroon round glass with gold-tone, 1 horse and bridle, and one with retrievers heads over MOP inlay...
This coat is the effing dopeness. I would hope for cold winters just so I could wear it more. So beautiful.