or Connect

Posts by Robbish

I have to go to a wedding out of state that requires me to rent a tux. Any suggestions on where to get measured for a Tux in nyc and then have the measurements sent Please dont say Men's warehouse as i'd like it actually fit. By the way, is just a curtsey that all places that rent tux's do? isnt odd to walk into a store and have done and then not buy anything? thanks for the advice.
Do you want to pay for the movement, the name or the style? 3k is more then enough money to get a great watch, but not really enough to get a proper wow factor chrono. I personally think the new Omegas are overrated, I've owned a bunch of omegas, but thats just because they've moved up in class and cost over the past decade. Buy a watch you know you want to wear.
If you treat them well your suits should last for a while. two tricks I use, im sure many people also do this. 1. i buy a second pair of pants to go with each suit if i can. 2. when i have the jacket fixed they leave the material in, everything runs big on me, but i know it can be let out if need be and i can have my clothes a little more fitted at the moment. A good tailor should do this for you. I didnt even know mine was doing it until he told me. I also treat...
Be simple. Get 2 pair of non descript pants, navy and gray. No fancy pleats of patterns. If you are building a wordrobe start with simple and basic, that way people cant tell you are rewearing the same things, because you dont have a lot. Collared shirts: a white and a blue. A pair of black shoes and build on that. Add something basics like a shirt or a pair of pants or another pair of shoes with each paycheck and quickly you'll have enough clothes to start deciding...
Im say 5 6, 125 which puts me in the thin and short category. Uniqulo is great and inexpensive, i know its only in nyc at the moment, but they also do tailoring on premises for free so there's that. They will be very helpful if you are looking for jeans. I also buy the APC NS, which can be worm as skinny jeans or as jeans that fit people correctly, if you are not skinny I wouldnt recommend it. Burberry at least in suits seems to a descent slightly higher end option. ...
Well im about the same height and weight so I've thought about this a lot. 5K is more then enough money, but shopping for a 36s is hard, I've never done MTM, I would suggest going simple and classic as at our size its hard to replace/ buy good pieces on a whim without a tremendous amount of money. I personally like the Mackintosh trench. a bit less obvious and at that price the same if not higher quality. this one is pretty classic, albeit I'd prefer a camel...
Theory is great, they have 36 in regular and shorts at their stores. The new Burburry Brit also does a nice 36s. (they work for overcoats too, but i havent bought one yet). I appreciate Tom Ford but at that price off the rack you can take a picture of the pattern bring it to a bespoke tailor and have it made properly too be honest. On the cheaper side, when I was first out of school Hugo boss had 36 suits. Just assume no matter what that you like me should find a great...
L+S custom on 61st is one of the best tailors in nyc. They are primarily a bespoke suitmaker, but they do do alterations. Its where I go when I want it done right not fast.