or Connect

Posts by tobiasj

It's a matter of opinion, but I find for example the Loake Aldwych (forget the name of the last) to be 'classic' rather than 'blocky'. I don't like the pointy elven look. (Then again, I do have wider feet, so I'm a bit biased.)If you have narrower feet, I'd look at the Loake Strand (and other shoes on the same last), as it's their narrowest.
Apparently the Brooks Brothers standalone store opens Wednesday in Melbs. Anyone jazzed for that?
Thanks lachy. Would your answer change if your SO treated your every new purchase of a blue shirt as another piece of incontrovertible evidence that you're insane? Found a great linen shirt pic (NOBD):
Hallo Oz SF burghers (burglars?) Say you had to pick three linen shirts to wear in casual summery settings (i.e. shorts, casual shoes, shirt, nada mas) and didn't already own any. What colours would you choose? Would you feel like you could relax your normal set against darker (navy) or more unusual shirt colours (beige, green) in this sort of context? If you really care enough to click on a link, this is specifically the set of options what I'm talking...
[[SPOILER]] I know slim trousers are popular around here, but I feel like your trouser-width-to-shoe-size ratio is off (this important ratio needs a name, any takers?). As in, your feet are on the larger side, and your trousers are very slim, and so you're in danger of entering 'clown foot' territory. I'm a very skinny dude with size 10 feet, so this is something I've learnt to watch out for myself via painful introspection.
Hi all Me and the fam are of to Bali next month for a Bogan / World Cup watching holiday. Temperatures will be in the vicinity of 22C (low) - 27C (avg) - 31C (high). What would you wear? I'm thinking of picking up couple of Uniqlo linen shirts and also (*gasp*) a pair of shorts or two. Need advice on the latter in particular. Cheers mates Toby.
Are they discounting pocket squares?
Didn't even think about it tbh, but now that you mention it, I prefer it shaped rather than flat. Little peekaboo of tie-tip and belt buckle adds interest imo.
http://www.tmlewin.com.au/Searle-Grey-Waistcoat/50875,en_AU,pd.html?start=1&cgid=Mens-KnitwearI believe they have / will have a navy version at some stage too.
Loving this merino waistcoat thang