or Connect

Posts by tobiasj

I find the sizing to be very 'true to size' -- i.e. I'm a 30" in everything and I find their 30" fits me well; possibly a fraction tight on the chinos but that's it.In terms of weight, the 'Classic Flannel' is (all imo) for 15c and under, whereas the VBC Super 120s Flannel is comfortable for about 18c and under. I get wear out of both in a Melbourne winter.
What's everyone wearing in the way of casual/weekend knitwear (or even, to drop into the vernacular, 'jumpers')? I need an option that I can wear with just a tshirt, because ironing at the weekend makes me sad, and that is at least somewhat resistant to baby puke My workday rotation is all boring merino v-necks...
Buddday! Parenting, man, parenting.
Yes. For what it's worth, I have about six pairs of HY trousers now, and I'm not sure I'll ever buy anything else.
That is an entirely reasonable point re macs. I don't wear mine on sunny days, but I do wear it on cloudy days even if there is little chance of rain. So to me macs etc. are 'cloudywear'.
I've got the Stone mac that TM Lewin sell. It's great, a terrific bargain, and a blazer + mac + cashmere scarf (thanks Jason!) + flannel trousers is plenty warm (...for Melbourne).
I feel like a rocking chair might work with a baby (don't know, never tried), but toddlers are made of pure evil and feed on their parents' tears, so in their case I am not so sure...
A hoy hoy chaps I want to replace the rank fleece blanket we cover ourselves with while sitting/lying on the couch at 2am trying to calm a fractious toddler. Any recommendations on a wool 'throw'? I don't like anything too soft or fluffy, and stain resistance / ease of cleaning is a must. I dunno, maybe merino? Cheers
It's a matter of opinion, but I find for example the Loake Aldwych (forget the name of the last) to be 'classic' rather than 'blocky'. I don't like the pointy elven look. (Then again, I do have wider feet, so I'm a bit biased.)If you have narrower feet, I'd look at the Loake Strand (and other shoes on the same last), as it's their narrowest.
Apparently the Brooks Brothers standalone store opens Wednesday in Melbs. Anyone jazzed for that?