or Connect

Posts by Explorer

Thank you!
Thank you for your kind words.
Thank you!!
I do not mind at all! I am an international lawyer supporting the United Nations and the US in training African troops for United Nations peacekeeping missions in Africa. I train them in areas such as international law, human rights, international humanitarian law (i.e., Geneva Conventions), and peacekeeping legal issues. My classroom is under a mango tree, no air conditioners, and usually no seats other than the African khaki ground. This is where great boots, such as...
My recommendation is that you find a good cobbler or boot repair shop to do the job. I have resoled five Alden Indy boots with Commando soles. Three in Tucson, Arizona, and two in Syracuse, New York. It was not hard to find cobblers that would do this kind of work. George
Happy New Year 2016 to everyone. I arrived in Africa for my next work rotation with the Epaulet Alden Indy Innsbruck Chromexcel boots last week. As I have other editions of Alden Indy boots and have used them for the last 6 years in my work in Africa, I knew these boots were perfect for taming the equatorial hot humid weather of west Africa, the thin khaki soil, and the Sahara Harmattan winds. But, these Epaulet edition have something very unique - the Chromexcel color of...
I arrived in Africa for my next work rotation with the Epaulet Alden Indy Innsbruck Chromexcel boots last week. As I have other editions of Alden Indy boots and have used them for the last 6 years in my work in Africa, I knew these boots were perfect for taming the equatorial hot humid weather of west Africa, the thin khaki soil, and the Sahara Harmattan winds. But, these Epaulet edition have something very unique - the Chromexcel color of this batch is very close to the...
The Thorpe looks great and awesome!
Great to hear that another Alden Indy boot owner has used these boots in Africa! In Africa, I have been in Ethiopia (East Africa), Equatorial Guinea (West Africa), and Benin (also in West Africa) for the last 6 years. I am an international lawyer. But, unlike other typical law practice, I do practice international law in remote and hostile locations. I support the US Department of State in training African military armed forces for deployment to United Nations peacekeeping...