or Connect

Posts by Thin White Duke

I like that country squire look Coxie! Cross post from the FC:
Suck it all you slim-lapel haters, its a Mod Mod world!
For me, I love the Mod look for two main reasons. First - there's a framework that can help you put together oufits that can take you from the beach to the board room with the confidence that you'll look appropriate and smart (and cool!). Second, if modern menswear began around a hundred years ago, since then there have been experiments with single and double breasted, one, two, three and four buttons, wide and narrow lapels and hems, two piece and three piece etc but the...
You may be a kindred spirit to me Spectre. Every time someone posts a picture in Saturday Nigh Fever lapels you can bet the farm that there will be a storm of compliments. I'm no fan of one inch lapels but who made the SF rule that wingspan lapels are objectively good and 'slim' lapels get little to no appreciation? Anyway IMO the early sixties Mod look (perhaps those early shots of Michael Caine are among the best examples in this thread so far) is the epitome of great...
Latest acquisition from City Hats on Houston in New York - stingy snap brim in my favourite colour blue ...
We want a riot!
Gutted I missed this by just a few days. Mr. C, Crusty, T-1 et al, enjoy, please keep me posted for the next one in case I'm in town.
I have a Chipps garza fina grenadine in rust which looks very similar to Don's tie. Eric, if you're looking for one, Mr Winston has recently got his grenadines up on the website and they are very decently priced at around $50.
I seem to be currently in a phase of wearing odd jackets more frequently than suits, and in my usual OCD way I am now trying to acquire one pair of trousers to pair up with each jacket, in most cases made of similar fabric and of course in complimentary colours. It got me wondering if this is a common habit among the SF odd-jacket wearers (Claghorn?) or if its more common for gents to make use of the versatility provided by non-matching top and bottom halves, and...
Aaaargh! It's bad enough that it looks like I will miss another meet up with the sterling NYC lads, but all the more so as I'll be there THIS week coming, Monday -Thurs so will only miss you by a few days. If any of you industry bods arrive a few days early, and/or if any of the NYC fellas are up for a swift tincture or two on July 13/14/15, please let me know. I don't want to derail the 'official' meet up but it was a great night the last time I made it and would be great...