or Connect

Posts by grc1

Spanish
Preach on, brother. Preach on.
That purple lining is THE BUSINESS.+ infinity.
Risk noted - thanks for the warning! I'm taking some comfort that the 8.5F feels only slightly different to my G&G 9.5Es, so I don't think I'm too far out of the ballpark with Phillip's measurements. On the other hand, it's always a risk going to non-standard sizing, and I'll have to factor that in when budgeting for my first pair. Sigh.Wasn't crowded at all - very relaxed. I'd say we spent about 20 minutes, starting with trying on various stock sizes, keeping them on my...
Yes. In G&G I am a fairly consistent 9.5E ("E" being standard width for G&G) across the lasts, and I incorporate a slight modification to increase the instep height on MTOs (or submit stock models to some serious stretching).I found out for St C I'm an 8.5G (for St C the standard width is F, so G is 1 notch wider) and need similar modification to augment the instep. The sizing appears to be more consistent with JM Weston in that regard.At any rate, I wish I'd had the same...
Just came back from the trunk show at Drake's, where I had my feet measured by Phillip Car. Definitely well worth the experience making it to a trunk show - the sizing in StC is completely different to my baseline G&G, and I understand what last modifications I need for an optimal fit. Looking forward to placing an order in the near future - after wallet has recovered from some serious G&G / Bestetti hits...
Happy to do my part to spread the Deco gospel.
That sounds unreal. Can't wait to see them!
Ending this Sunday, 1 pair JM Westons (UK 8/E - very generous fit, akin to a UK 9.5E in G&G or C&J), 3 pairs of Lodger captoes Ebay link to shoes Lodger racing green captoes, 9.5F (standard width): Outsole length is 31.8 cm (12 1/2 inches) Outsole width is 10.8 cm (4 1/4 inches) Lodger tan captoes, 9.5F (standard width): Outsole length is 31.8 cm (12 1/2 inches) Outsole width is 10.8 cm (4 1/4 inches) Lodger espresso captoes, 9.5F (standard width): Outsole length is...
My Bestettis in progress. Can't wait!!