or Connect

Posts by grc1

Yeah ... ever since discovering Meccariello and Bestetti, and since G&G opened their store on Savile Row where I could try on actual production shoes instead of trial pairs, I've finally confronted the rather embarrassing (and extremely financially/emotionally painful) reality that my entire G&G collection is a size too big.SO ... I am beginning to embark on a quest of rebuilding/replacing with proper-fitting shoes. Starting with these beauties. A few posts back I had my...
These just in.
Brand new, first quality - these aren't seconds, or kopped in a sale, worn (even once) or damaged - I commissioned the Deco St James II in vintage pine with toe tips 10 months ago. Only just got them - and in the interim have discovered Bestetti and Meccariello fit me better. So rather than try them on even once, I'm looking to recoup the outlay to plough into moar shooz. I'll be in the US in November for Thanksgiving, so can ship from there for buyers across the Pond....
Brand new, first quality - these aren't seconds, or kopped in a sale, worn (even once) or damaged - I commissioned the Deco Cliffe in vintage rioja with toe tips and swan neck details 10 months ago. Only just got them - and in the interim have discovered Bestetti and Meccariello fit me better. So rather than try them on even once, I'm looking to recoup the outlay to plough into moar shooz. I'll be in the US in November for Thanksgiving, so can ship from there for buyers...
I'll blame it on the iphone pic / lighting - the socks are actually more a muted gold than bright sun yellow (maybe that's even worse, from your point of view!). At rate, I like the combo of burgundy against the muted gold with the navy - but what can I say, I like high-contrast socks. Including sun yellow (must find them in drawer to wear tomorrow ....)
Just pulled the trigger on another pair of Bestettis, this time in black calf. They'll replace my black G&G's which don't fit me as well ...
Falke socks Bestetti shoes Reiss trousers
^ my thoughts exactly, sir!
Deco Fairbanks in maple calf