or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

Half your luck I saw the SSO do it at the Opera House some years back and the Jazz Trio The Bad Plus do an interesting interpretation.Right now The Drop by Brian Eno
A good game for a Wallabies fan is when they win. Now excuse me i have to find my sack cloth and ashes.
Good game? The Wallabies lost FFS! I got up at 7am to watch it and the second half was appalling by the Wallabies that last play they had the French out wide but did they pass it that way. No they rumbled it up with the forwards knock on game lost. Merde!The only redeeming factor now about Sunday is that its currently bucketing down.
Jacket size?
SenseiThe bespoke suit begins with a single fitting.Grasshopper
The pocket square is not a singularity but a multiplicity of Iconography whose truth is as varied as the socially constructed eye of the reader.
Everything is a sign. Signs signify particular social codes and within those codes there are particular cultural mores. While a pocket square may signify a sartorially aware individual, a Dandy, a peacock or a spiv its interpretation is always in through the eyes of the beholder. The reader of signs carries their own socially constructed baggage and this in turn fashions their interpretation of the sign. So even such a small item such as 'the pocket square' is in actual...
After watching the film Infamous the other night I went to see what Truman Capote books i had in my library In Cold Blood, Answered Prayers and Music for Chamelons from which I read Handcrafted Coffins A Nonfiction Account of an American Crime. Must be at least 14 years or more since I read it so I try and search out what happened to the antagonist in the story, was he caught? What became of him? Did he kill the last victim? WTF turns out the story is fake, one element...
I never really went through a Scotch period, but a long GnT on a day like today yes thank you very much. Its 35c in Canberra with a hot westerly blowing and thankfully there is a bottle of Martin Miller in the freezer and a couple of limes on hand so as soon as the sun goes down behind the yard arm 'it's time'. Going tho pick up a bottle of Hendricks and Bombay Sapphire which should last us through the festive and holiday season.As for tonic water, purely for medicinal...
Out scouring for Keef!