or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

Ottolenghi's spicy cauliflower fritters with lime and coriander yoghurt and a green salad. First time I've cooked one of his recipes in a while.
I have read some Tim Winton and think he is a great Australian author has a knack for the Australian idiom with langue and spirit of place, I got him to speak at Writers in the Pub night I ran in Freemantle in 1987. As for Cloudstreet I've never read it only seen the series on TV. Mrs GF has read it and is big fan of his work.
ee cummings said it allsomewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyondany experience,your eyes have their silence:in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,or which i cannot touch because they are too nearyour slightest look easily will unclose methough i have closed myself as fingers,you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens(touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first roseor if your wish be to close me, i andmy life will shut very beautifully...
Disagree with this having worked in kitchens producing food for A list restaurants and being a diner at said establishments.Fine dinning is and hasn't been the purview of the wealthy for years. Fine dinning has become a lot more democratic and I find in terms of experience its your interaction with the waiter, beyond them working for tips, is how your treated in terms of service.There is a social hierachy at work but its much more diffuse today for example the crowd at an...
The main issue I have with the net is that everyone seams to think that information is knowledge its not. Unless you either incorporate it into some existing mental schematic or use it to build on to generate knowledge, information is only information. Its how you use it that counts.
Absolutely fantastic
Have to keep my eye out for that enjoyed reading the book immensely.Far From MenSaw a preview of this last night spectacular barren environment adds to the pathos and angst of the story. Algeria 1954 a French teacher must take a Algerian muslim into town to face trial for a murder, what follows is well worth engaging with. 3.5/5The film is based on a story by Albert Camus.
This could be good news but I guess it depends on BB and what they percieve their demographic to be and how much there willing to offer to the public and if they intend to stick around for the long haul.
In terms of fashion and people from that socioeconomic background Yes. Oscar Isaac is dressed like the The Teflon Don.
Was just reading about that brilliant film last week haven't seen it in years and do you think I can find a copy, FUBAR as the one video store in Canberra that might have had a copy has closed down.