or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

Have you read PAYBACK The Shadow Side of Wealth by Margaret Atwood its a transcript of the 2008 Massey Lectures on the CBC shows a very interesting compassionate and intellectual side of her thinking.
Taped that the other night. Great film been quite a few years since I've seen it. Cable has all the Star Trek films on this weekend, raining this weekend so going binge watch starting with Wrath of Kahn.
34 Woman With Birthmark by Hakan Nesser Another Scandi Noir interesting interplay between the main characters but ultimately a very nihilistic and pessimistic thriller.
Truffle and mushroom risotto with a bitter green salad washed down with a 2012 Yarra Valley The Parish Pinot Noir. Followed by a lemon delicious made with lemons off our lemon tree.
Good ensemble cast including Stellan SkarsgÄrd Ewan McGregor Naomie Harris Damian Lewis let down by the script IMHO instead of a spy film in my view it was a morality tale replete with sermon delivered by M16 agent on the evils of dirty money and international banking. Even Mrs GF was of the of the opinion that the ending sucked.
You got your tickets for David Icke?
The SMH has followed up from Mondays Q&A with an interview with The Brownman http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/news-features/i-think-i-am-young-enough-to-see-change-tarang-chawla-is-positive-despite-steve-price-comments-on-qa-20160712-gq4g0h.html
With Canberra in the depths of winter its definitely movie time seen a few lately and here is just a few. Don Cheadle directed cowrote and presents a potent film which captures the lost years and some interesting back flashes of Miles Davis private life and career however, and its a big however as the lost years component with its guns, car chase a bullshit Rolling Stone journalist played by Ewan McGregor.Is just crap I'm all for artistic licence but, if you have read...
33 The Suit Form, Function and Style by Christopher Breward This is a very interesting and engaging book lavishly illustrated. It traces the origin development of the modern suit in the context of the historical cultural and social times. It arrived on Tuesday and I sat down and read the first two chapters with ease.The author was recently interviewed on the ABC the interview can be found here...
Sadly the 24/7 news cycle, the decline in standards of the Fairfax press, the decimation of the ABC have coincided with the rise of opinionated idiots whose main function in life is to be shrill foghorns for the ignorant silent majority. Basically the main reason these idiots exist is to sell more soap powder and they don't care who they offend to achieve it.