or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

78 The Children Act by Ian McEwan started it last night and highly impressed at 35 pages in and this is shaping up to be his best book in years.
John Zorn Transmigration of the Magus Keith Jarrett/Charlie Haden/Paul Motian Hamburg 72
Christmas Lunch Entre Grilled Tiger Prawns marinated in Pickled Ginger, palm sugar fresh ginger and mirin. Deep fried Calamari ring rings with aioli Grilled Haloumi with rocket, char grilled red capsicum and Roma tomatoes with EV olive oil and lime juice Lunch Roast duck with orange sauce Mixed fried Mushrooms with parsley, dried thyme, black pepper and garlic on fresh polenta with grilled Taleggio inspired by Ottolenghi Roast butternut pumpkin, potatoes asparagus...
Next to the RM Williams I believe.So Xmas sartorial kops anyone? Socks (again) Penhaligons Blenhiem Bouquet.Musically The Sports Don't Throw Stones reissue was a pleasant surprise. And starting on the second bottle of Bass Phillip Crown Prince Pinot Noir. As John Paul Jones said " I have not yet begun to drink"
For the life of me I don't understand this virtually every quality restaurant in Canberra closes for Christmas around the 21st. So if want to go out or get takeaway forget it. When I worked in Hospitality we finished at 10pm on Christmas the boss would provide drinks and then a few days off. So tonight Nachos with Guacamole washed and it down with a couple of Coronas.
We'll unlike Queenslanders he won't be counting the hair on his palms.Merry Xmas DB
Tonight Entre Eggplant Caviar with garlic sourdough, selection of black and stuffed olives, Udder Delights Camembert and The Barossa Cheese Co washed rind with crackers Main Roast Duck with roasted duck fat potatoes asparagus served with a reduced orange and star anise grand mariner sauce or homemade Goats cheese gnocchi with a baked tomato and basil sauce and bitter green salad Desert Elizabeth David's Flourless Chocolate Cake with Tilba Tilba double cream and a...
mate of mine has one of these in Cordovan http://shop.mitchell-leather.com/Card-Wallets_c5.htm
Deep Purple Machine Head LOUD!
menage a trois?Well I have finished my enslavement to the Dark Lords of HR and am back in saddle and ready to see if I can chase down that 80.