or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

Read it when it came out throughly enjoyed it. Highly recommended.
75 TIGERMAN by Nick Harkaway an entertaining and enjoyable read combing elements of environmental politics, evil opportunist politics, platonic love and play in the superhero genre. As far as consigning it to a specific genre i wonder about it. Its not realist or even SiFi so Fabulism with out the magic realist elements i guess.
Try Toms Hair Salon in Victoria St at KC 93586836 make he uses scisors rather than clippers.Grand Royal Barbers city 92218886
Somehow I don't think that is humanly possible.
Agree with you that we should be spending more education wise on what matters in terms of social advancement. But sport like it or loathe it not only provides intangible personal and cultural benifits to society but also solid economic ones.Sadly so much of 21 century Australia is defined by myths from the 19 Century. Bean's formulation of ANZAC being the most dominant.
I agree with you that far too much newsprint, radio and TV time was given over to it. I think also the very nature of the accident that it was a such a freakish occurrence and that no one could ever have predicted its occurrence totally enthralled Joe Public, the press to be honest are not the better angles of our nature.
JMThere is no such thing in this country as just a cricketer. Sport is part of the national psyche,cricket was even played at Gallipoli one of Bean's great regrets in life is that he was not a great cricketer. As such sportsmen who play for the national teams are elevated to a status beyond us mere mortals.Yes it was a tragedy and such a waste of a young life and your right about the media's approach to this the SMH today referred to his death and funeral as Australia's...
You ever read OUT by Natsuo Kirino? A Japanese murder mystery with some very bent twists read it years ago found it very disturbing but highly entertaining.
Christ on a bike the Oz is 84c to the green back the party is over.
Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends Coldplay IMO best album they have done and perfect to listen too with a large Hendricks and Tonic at 31c in the shade.