or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

More have arrived today The Children Act by Ian McEwan and Fourth of July Creek by Smith Henderson. The book depository is too easy to access it should be banned.
At first I thought you were a troll. I was mistaken your just a Smurf with attitude.
The problem with books is their patient they sit quietly on bookshelves and wait then once they start breeding they don't stop. You think you have enough shelf space. Their nature compels them to seek out any available space and colonise it, and the cycle starts anon. So you start thinking containment, ha more fool you. You'll never win, why do you think it was called the Gutenberg revolution?
I only have short sleeve linen shirts for summer and I tuck them in to chinos or linen trousers. Polos are another matter and I would never tuck them in. Yes I know about Ivy but the look never suited my sense of style. Polos for me have an inherent casualness and signify summer. I've never been attracted to short sleeved cotton shirts Michael Douglas in Falling Down put me off that look for life. As for untucked shirts with jeans it's just a herd fashion fad that...
True that is why that model Ms GF was traded in for the current model Mrs GF.
Ha I must have been to that Op shop picked up a 3/4 length 1950 biker jacket and paid $20 for it. Got it home and when I told the then Ms GF which store it was she called me an idiot and said I could have gotten it for $5.
I'm not an eBook person I read PDF's, other work/ learning material on an iPad.I enjoy the tactile experience of books.
Wrong colour boots go back to square one do not pass go.
61 The Laughing Policeman A Martin Beck Thriller by Maj Sjowall & Per Wahloo A great series and highly recomended I'm reliant on the library for these as none of Canberra's (diminishing) second hand book stores have any in stock. Tried one of the chains the other day and no luck, my bookshelves are overflowing as it is.