or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

Interesting take on power corruption greed and the vicious idiocy at the heart of George W administration during his second reign. Blanchett and Redford as principals are ably supported by Denis Quaid, Elizabeth Moss and Topher Grace. Bruce Greenwood is cast as the villain of the piece as the president of CBS. Entertaining work by Blanchett and Redford and was well received at a number of film festivals don't remember it as a major release here in Oz. Not a bad Friday...
Interesting association between memory and scent, something I've thought a lot about. Yes the Australian high summer when the sun begins to climb and heat forces the oil out from eucalyptus and pine trees during the day or the scent of roses and lavender near twilight while knocking back a Martin Miller and Tonic..
Sauce or Ketchup on the pie?
Grey Flannel bitter? Never encountered that while wearing it. First given a bottle some thirty odd years ago by a wonderful Greek/Egyptian girl I was going out with. SIGH!
Melbourne guitar heads John Scofield Trio is playing Brids Basement next week. Miss at your own peril. So pissed off as this appears to be his only Oz gigs.
Roger Henly as far as I know he is the only bespoke frame maker in Oz.
Barton Perreira, Anglo American, Hackett. All modernist but definitive traditional leanings.This http://www.operaopera.net/And there is the spectacle maker in Adelaide.Said it before visit George Skoufis.
Reading Eco for the most part is enjoyable, enlightening & stimulating.For novels start with The Name of the Rose. For essays Travels in Hyperreality
How.....can..one....be...a...sports...fan?
1992 Milan There is a plot with something of an absurd premise that only a semiotician could conceive. The are humorous observations about mobile telephony and why would you want one and the sorry state of society and the desire to know.There are insightful observations about the media and a healthy dose of historical conspiracy.Its not classic Eco, the short essays do it better for me, its good. Have you read The Prague Cemetery?