or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

I've read a few books on CD recommendations and reviews and I agree with his assessment however I would add that I found them both incredibly and violently misogynistic, he spares no punches with his crime scene and autopsy descriptions. Irene cites a couple of books I have read but this novel is darker more senselessly diabolical in terms of the cat and mouse game being played between Verhoeven and his protagonist. There are also a couple of other games being played in...
Led Zeppelin III https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWnVxuqvY7Jgahwh3Plw2TQzw6TKsds40
I went for a role last week and after they had 100 applicants they took the job down. Mind you there are now 8,000 unemployed APS in Canberra at present.Most panels I have been on interview on average 7 but a bulk recruitment the numbers get a lot higher.Can't have just 1 for an APS job APC rules require transparency and interviewing 1 based on received applications would be seen as nepotism. If it came to that they would simply readvertise.
Now this is a job interview
ROFL mind you some of the clangers I have seen at interview would be on par with those responses.Picked this up yesterday for half price its warm its a Dad look and winter will be long this year.
lukejackson I like it Its a 1950's look cut generously after the austerity of the war years, the style in particular the centre bloke is classic 1950's trousers high waisted. The interesting this is that the length of the ties in those days was shorter to accommodate the high waist, I think it was generally referred to a Box cut. I had a fair few suits cut in that manner in my 20's. But then I prefer that style which is available in Bills Chinos although not to the same...
As a HR Consultant I can attest to that to my chagrin. I was recently asked to provide feedback to an APS muppet and gave it to her straight.You don't need to interview 20 people for one position even if you want to have a merit list.At least 10 would not have made the cut off if I did the shortlist as they had no HR experience.You don't give people 40 minutes to answer 5 questions.A fail is a fail and I/you should not care or be intimidated because she is the Directors...
HR is the Devils playground.
I would rather give advice (and sample) the wine being laid down in said cabinet.
What sort of man is your boss?Can he deal with the truth?Do you enjoy your job?How easy is it to get another job?