or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

Off to Sydney for the weekend with Mrs GF New Order Sunday night, visit Biennale Birdland maybe see if I can get a pair of corduroy trousers and what is the radio saying all morning Rainageddon with over 100 ml per day predicted. Two weeks ago a friend was at Bondi swimming.
We drank it, was a fair bit smoother than straight out of the still.
When I cleaned out the family abode after my mother went West I found a bottle of slivovitz that had turned a urine yellow colour. I asked the Serbian friend who father made, mind you have no recollection of bringing it home, it and his comment was "Christ that will be good" Must have been sitting the bottom of my wardrobe for over 10 years.
Set in an isolated Georgian village where an orchardist and his friend an elderly carpenter are struggling to bring in a crop of Tangerines against the shadow of a regional war. Their lives are thrown into turmoil with the arrival of the war on their door step and then taking in two wounded combatants from opposing sides. What follows is a deeply moving story about men, war, human relations and the transcendence of hate. Have to say that this is one of the best films...
Numerous Bundy Dark&Stormy to wash down the footy.
Taking Mrs GF to the Opera House to see them Sunday night.
"To a reasoning being, an that accords with nature is an act that accords with reason."FoxCheck out A Guide To The Good Life;The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy by William B Irvine very informed and practical guide to Stoic philosophy for todays world. Also check out CBC Ideas there is a pod cast interview with him that I'd recommend.
$50 for an overcoat st Vinnies? FTFAJ I think the most I ever paid for one of my Mackintosh's I've picked up in op shops over the years was $7. Sadly very hard to find these days. (Sigh)
Congratulations on achieving your 50 Steve.
Was going to buy a new blender on Sunday but with 20% off from Tuesday I'll wait. Why pay full price.