or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

A couple of question about Brooks Brother US site. Aside from the fact that you can't access the US site 1) are they still accepting Oz credit cards and if so that way you could you use a VPN and use shipto to then forward it to Oz? Or the more depressing 2) are BB US no longer shipping to Australia? I'm thinking of their Boxing Day online sale.
I read the Quantum Theif when it was first released there was a lot of hye surrounding it at the time. Reviews made mention of the fact that the author was a Finish mathematician and that was part of the alure of the book. I read a review of it on the Gurardian and a couple of other SF Book sites. I remember I did enjoy it and so did Mrs GF. If you haven't read any Jeff Noon have a look at him a British SF writer but I think was also placed into the genre of the New...
Duck Ragu with home made spelt pappardelle pasta. A mixed mushroom and goat cheese sauce for the herbivore. Washed down with Quarry Hill Pinot Noir 2008 a local district winery and bottle of clean skin Otago Pinot Noir. Strawberry Tiramisu an unusual variation but it worked well. The Duck Ragu took about six hours to cook very labour intensive dish but went down well with Mrs GF and guests.
I had never heard of Leif G.W Persson before seeing your post quite a find to be honest.Tigerman by Nick Harkaway arrived in the post yesterday and looking forward to spending the weekend between the covers.
I can remember my first pair of 501's bought in 1971 for $11. Didn't think they were overpriced at the time.
73 Another Time, Another Life The Story of a Crime by Leif G.W Persson Noiced this book on dispaly in the local library after sighting it on CD post the other day. Very entertaining translation and a great Scandi Noir read. 74The Locked Room A Martin Beck Novel by Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo With this i have read the whole series and highly recomend them can see why critics claim that this is the origin of Scandi Noir.
Get used to the new all purpose HR catch phrase " he/she is not at his desk right now I'll get him to call you back" Yeah Right.
Mensbiz Code BB2014
If you haven't tried the Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap give it a shot it makes a great lather. I have that a tub of Valobra but I keep coming back to the Prosaro Green Tea & Oatmeal.
Agree with you on this I've ordered a few things on a Tuesday morning and its on the front door Wednesday 8am.Anybody here use a Bellroy wallet I was thinking of getting one for my son for Xmas. Opinions views? His is bursting at the seams and thought it could be a good option for 20 yo.