or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

When I first went to Melbourne there was graffiti going up all around Fitizroy, City Richmond South Yara. Proles, proles are the only hope. There was also News all over the place.I was staying with a mate whose brother was a Melbourne Uni academic. I remember this rave he delivered saying it was an Orwellian protest by some hard core leftist activists calling for change.Both turned out to be punk bands.
Was channel surfing the other night and we came in just as the last ballet sequence begun absolutely briliant coreography and sets a true classic .
[quote name="Pink Socks" url="/t/88856/australian-members/53505#post_7330035" Going out of my menswear purchasing period with a bang. Now to spend all my money on doing up (and fixing up) our little St Kilda apartment. Anyone got any good tips on where to start learning about DIY. My father is brilliant at it but lives many miles away. Should have paid more attention as a child...[/quote] Find a couple of good young tradesmen who are starting out on their own and are...
Sunday night. Home made spelt tagliatelle with fresh truffle, Swiss brown mushrooms in a reduced cream sauce with goats cheese. Served with a bitter green salad and Holm Oak Tasmanian Pinot Noir. Cream Caramel with whipped cream. Monday gym.
Agree with fx that is a great book read it last year and there is a podcast of the program on CBC Ideas.I had a 1950's box cut grey worsted wool suit which belonged to my father I had altered after my father went west. I got quite a few years wear out of it, was in the days when Sydney had a winter. Sadly while it no longer fit moths destroyed it last year.
Re Rugby "don hair shirt with sack cloth and ashes" How can one be a sports fan? Merde!
CELEBRATION DAY ( loud) DVD Led Zeppelin
Pay no attention to CD being a Mexican and a heretic he follows a weird form of Cross Country Basketball. I met Mrs GF at a Grand Final BBQ she told me that half her family supported Wests the other half Balmain, so its fine for us mind you the West Tigers 2005 GF win seams very far away at present. And she also enjoys the Rugby Union as well.I will admit he is right about showing interest and listening to her. As for what to wear something smart, understated and confident.
56 The Fallen Angel A Gabriel Allon Thriller by Daniel Silva 57 The English Girl A Gabriel Allon Thriller by Daniel Silva
So much for the inspiration of Master Chef