or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

My son's pup has secured coal seam gas exploration rights for the back yard.Still looking for the right linoleum for the kitchen/dining room.Couple of VERY tasty stouts and a hand pumped porter at Bent Spoke at present.
Fox Have you read Time Out Of Joint by PKD?
I though they were outlawed for men over a certain age?Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the white shoe brigade.
Beam me up Scotty another great ensemble cast performance with classic one liners, a great narrative with thrills spills and the triumph of CGI.
Way I found around excessive oil and eggplant is to slice into thick rounds and apply oil with a brush then bake at at 180c for ten minutes. Alternatively toss in pan. Option I use for pasta sauce is to cut in half oil then salt, pepper bake at 200c for 20 min turn the heat off leave then scoop out the flesh Ottolenghi says 40 but I find 20 is plenty.Tonight roasted boned whole chook stuffed with dried prunes and flaked almonds macerated in orange juice and sauternes....
Yesterday used a sample of Amouage Myths bold and perfectly uplifting counterpoint to the bleak howling winds and sweeping rain of the day. Excellent longevity as well.
Have you read PAYBACK The Shadow Side of Wealth by Margaret Atwood its a transcript of the 2008 Massey Lectures on the CBC shows a very interesting compassionate and intellectual side of her thinking.
Taped that the other night. Great film been quite a few years since I've seen it. Cable has all the Star Trek films on this weekend, raining this weekend so going binge watch starting with Wrath of Kahn.
34 Woman With Birthmark by Hakan Nesser Another Scandi Noir interesting interplay between the main characters but ultimately a very nihilistic and pessimistic thriller.
Truffle and mushroom risotto with a bitter green salad washed down with a 2012 Yarra Valley The Parish Pinot Noir. Followed by a lemon delicious made with lemons off our lemon tree.