or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

Well hate to say it but once you get the #dadbod it's all down hill from here on in๐Ÿ˜’
18 The Four Dimensional Human Ways of Being In the Digital Word by Laurence Scott The reviews for this book intrigued me as it delves into the phenomenology of how the immersion in digital life is changing our perception of ourselves in this Brave New World. Started reading it last night and so far my interest has been stimulated.
ROFL I saw Eraserhead off off my tits in 1979 and I had to get up and leave found it too disturbing also I couldn't work out if it was in black and white or colour. I think its the only film in any state that I have walked out on.
MJ Bale have some thick casual cotton trousers on sale , thinking of charcoal. Question are they lint magnets?
I've seen and enjoyed the previous films of Neill Blomkamp. Elysium i thought had that original nihilistic cyberpunk feel to it along with the bricolage approach to technology used by the feral urbanites. This is interesting for one thing alone in my view and that is his approach to AI as I thought it was interesting that the droid had to be evolve its consciousness and the motion capture of the droid was great in relation to its movement and display of emotion. The...
I'll try that next summer sounds good.
Roat Chicken with half a lemon up the spout with salt paprika cumin and coriander powder rubbed into the skin. Herbivores veg schnitzel with mushroom and goat curd cream sauce. Roast kipfler potatoes cauliflower brussels sprouts and butternut pumpkin. Washed down with a Margaret River clean skin Semillon Sauvignon Blanc. Lemon delicious and whipped cream for desert. Perfect fare for a Sunday winter dinner.
No Quarter Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Unleaded 1994
Agree with you here JM the internets dark side has released the inner Desiring Machine within a lot of people and more so that the one click has become a form of instant self fulfilling gratification. But then sadly you have to wait for the post to arrive so you get your instant gratification fix combined with a delayed gratification fix and then the (for some) the anxiety of the MC VISA bill.There is a lot of (imagined) real happy campers with high disposable incomes...
I think there a number of ways to approach this in terms of purchasing power, particularly if you do have a mortgage and kids. (sigh) First set up a sinking fund for major items shoes suits put X aside each pay and work off that to build the wardrobe you want. Second Sales both online and B&M are your friend. Divide the year so that your buying off season from Europe and the US which makes most items cheaper. And if there are local brands you like check out the B&M at the...