or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

65 The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. This is a very engaging and entreating read, more so for some one who as a child read countless Marvel comics and in particular repents of the 1940's pulp heroes. Only been reading it a few days and totally engrossing manages to capture the zeitgeist of the time with aplomb. Very enjoyable and highly recommended.
Grilled Asparagus, Leeks and Aubergine with Halloumi. With a Radicchio, Rocket and Red Oak salad with simple olive oil lemon and S&P dressing. Washed down with Coppabella The Crest Single Vineyard 2011 Pinot Noir. Tonight Spaghetti alla Norma with home made spelt spaghetti been cooking slowly now for two hours and has two more to go before serving washed down with a cleanskin Victorian high country Shiraz. And Mrs GF is making a apple and raspberry crumble for desert...
I had a blue silk/linen blazer years ago. Wore it a lot with linen shirts and trousers held up very well in the rigours of a humimid Sydney summer.Speaking of which today linen lilac gingham short sleeve shirt with RAF blue linen/cotton trousers great in the heat in Sydney.
Brooks Brothers.
Sunday afternoon while cooking dinner Aqualung Jethro Tull Robert Plant Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar
Tonight leek fritters from plenty, Friday Legume Soup, no dried limes so will have to use lime oil instead then see what the farmers market has in on Saturday to dictate Sunday dinner.Ottolenghi is getting a lot of coverage in the local press for this new book in the past week.
Jeff Beck Emotion & Commotion fantastic vocals by Joss Stone on I Put A Spell On You.
Given up on Shark the density of the text has been driving me crazy and only 50 odd pages in. First book i have given up on since The Magus by John Fowles in 89. 64 Dark Secrets The Sebastian Bergman Chronicles A very engaging Scandi Noir the main character is a highly dysfunctional forensic psychologist and plenty of twists and turns to keep you engaged till the end. Ordered the second book to be translated in the series and I believe the BBC has made this book in to a...
I'll vouch for that but keep him away from the post modern irony to play it safe.Sunday went to buy a pair of chinos tried on a 38 PRL classic fit more of a 36 from my perspective. Today I am wearing PRL shorts which are a 38 and there loose on me. I don't understand and am left perplexed.
Working form home in a polo and PRL shorts, prediction for -3c tonight then two days of back to winter.