or Connect

Posts by Geoffrey Firmin

On cable last night The Hunger an erotic vampire story from 1983. Saw it then was impressed with it maybe because of David Bowie, Susan Sarandon and a cameo by Willem Dafoe. 30 years since I saw it but still entertaining take on vampire lore.
25c so tonight inspired by Plenty More; roast red caps julienne, eggplant prepared for eggplant cheese cake, red onions, cucumbers with char grilled haloumi and radicchio, rocket and oak leaf lettuce with a dressing of pomegranate molasses EV olive oil lemon juice and pink Murray River salt and fresh black pepper washed down with a bottle of cleanskin NZ Sav Blanc.
Al Grassby lives!
Marcin Wasilewski Trio Spark of Life another great ECM Euro jazz recording
Evan William on Gough's sartorial observations He admired smart, presentable men. I remember a rhapsodic description of a suit worn by the evangelist Billy Graham, whom he had met in the US. "It fitted him perfectly. It seemed to be part of him as he walked – this sleek, silken, deep blue material, perfectly cut. I have never seen anyone more immaculately turned out."
Vale Gough the last of the political giants has gone West RIP.
Families Children are over rated your probably happier with a cat.
68 The Betrayers by David Bezmozgis Just picked it up after reading a couple of favourable reviews it tells the story of a confrontation between victim and denouncer forty years after the fact due to a chance encounter.
Apple 5 hours to download the upgrade to OS X Yosemite WTF?
Get pissed don hair shirt and engage in self flagellation.