or Connect

Posts by kankle j

I've just discovered Joseph's Custom Menswear and Tailoring in Downtown (555 West B Street). Awesome suits and other ready to wear and probably the best tailor in the City. Tell him Joe sent you and see if you'll get a discount!!!!
You're probably right. I know these jackets are shorter than the rest in my closet and I'm definitely not used to them yet. These pics are the first time I've worn either of them. I'm also contemplating taking the sleeves up just a touch, it might give the impression that the jacket is actually longer than it is, but that might be a little nit picky.Thanks for your input flyswatter
Here are two new suits from Howard Yount. One DB and one single, in navy linen. Let me know what you aficionados think of the fit. I'm starting to have a feeling the jackets could be taken in an 1.5 inches in the waist and about a half inch in each sleeve. I'm also noticing something going on in the back of the DB jacket. Any feedback would be appreciated, as I'm on the fence for the DB jacket, and I'm also (sadly) thinking about switching tailors/alteration to...
So here is the 2 button single breasted I had mentioned earlier in the thread. The trousers aren't as slim in the calves as these pictures would have you believe (I Hope). My buddy was taken the pictures from fairly close and looking downward so I think that skewed the angles a bit. Let me know what you guys think, and since this is styleforum, go ahead and be ruthless.
I recently purchased the single breasted and double breasted suits from Jamison's website in the light navy blue linen-one lined, and one unlined. Living in Southern California, I figured they would be a good investment as I can wear them year round, and mix and match the jackets with odd trousers whenever it seems appropriate. At first the jackets were gigantic in the waist and torso, but since they fit well in the shoulders and back, I took them to get tailored and...
Not too sure if someone mentioned this yet, but atlantic-pacific.blogspot or something similar to that has one of THE best dressed females I've ever seen as of late. Check her out.
I've had a similar idea recently. Having a classy brick and mortar location, designed to look like a great retail menswear store (Brooks Brothers stores, Zegna Stores, Hugo Boss, etc). Then hand pick suits, shoes, shirts and accessories from trusted purveyors on eBay. Many sellers have inventories of Canali, Ermenegildo Zegna, Brooks Brothers, Turnbull and Asser, Drakes, and the list goes on. Would it be viable for example, to purchase a brand new Zegna suit for 800...
I just got my swatches in from Sam Hober, and I'm incredibly excited to place an order once I get down to 2-4 swatches. It's tough 'cause I love them all, but I'm fairly certain I'll be sticking to variations on the Garza Grossa weave, in darker, somber colors. Hey, David, I have an idea for you. Make as many variations on grenadine neckwear as possible (more rep stripes, argyles, polka/pin dot, sutherland stripes, foulards, if that's even possible, etc) , corner the...
Achilles, I'll try to post a pic this weekend. and Joshuadown, I agree, I'm a muscular/big guy all over, and I think that the shoulders fit well because of the lack of structure or padding and I enjoy the slimming fit of the jacket, but as I said, we'll see about the trousers after I post some pics here this weekend- Then you can all ridicule my tailoring and my fat stomach. Should be good.
I too am torn between the two makers. I have an Isaia suit (Base V) that I got from eBay that i really like. Probably the best fitting jacket I have ever owned, and literally feels like a sweatshirt. I have always had problems with jackets fitting properly in the shoulders (divots) and neck. 58 base v is absolutely incredible. EXCEPT the trousers are tight in the thighs and butt/crotch , and it doesn't look like enough cloth to let out so that they fit more...