or Connect

Posts by blake

saw the collection while in NYC and will probably bring some in for next fall (ships in august aprox). It is really cool and also very expensive. I wonder if people will still be interested when they see the prices. One example was a amazing totally waterproof WOOL jacket that will probably retail for about 1500.00 The best priced items were the socks which will retail for about 60 something dollars.
Quote: Originally Posted by PaulYAY Their business plan boggles me. The non-denim stuff went over extremely well before the exodus. They always had fabric quality on lock. I do not want to speak for them but I can say that in terms of a business model, sometimes narrowing your focus can make you more successful. Their non-denim was always of amazing quality, but we cannot possible know the additional work that went into making that part...
Quote: Originally Posted by james_timothy So, when is KMW going to again bring out some non-denim gear? Spring, I hope? that is not really their focus for now. They will have a loop wheeler sweatshirt that they will offer for next fall along with some leather goods. As far as I know, they do not have any collection plans for now.
Quote: Originally Posted by poly800rock i think they were selling armour lux at bloomingdales last season. nice naval sweater really simple, clean and extremely well made.
I guess what I am saying is that if you walked the shows, american heritage was being shoved down your throat. I have been carrying that kind of stuff for eight years and while I will always have that in the store I can see how we are going into a overload mode. Every store in America is going to be filled with nothing but that stuff. I saw the UK thread and it is part of what prompted me to start this one. I did not mean to take away from that one. I just think we...
I just got back from NYC and the trade shows and now that I am home two things struck me. First, that after walking Capsule I realized that both brands and retailers are trying to do their best to kill the American workwear trend. Second, that there are a lot of amazing heritage brands from other countries that are finally making their way to the states. I thought we should have one thread to discuss heritage brands from all over the world. I guess I will...
let me know when you know the dates. I do have a market in LA in march, but I will try hard to be here for you. and to chase down the RRL you are trying to steal. We have a lot coming and probably a lot more in the future. We just had a meeting about putting a small RRL shop in here for next fall......
not to change the subject, but I am so sorry I could not make the meetup. I was looking forward to seeing everyone. Next time for sure.......
just to clarify, they are now 175.00 not 185.00. this increase was just announced last week.
I would literally stack their jeans up against any jeans in the world in terms of quality. They are the best.