or Connect

Posts by Mustapha

Was browsing the local army surplus store here in Toronto when in walks a security guard guy (legit local company) with a dog, wearing black riding boots, looking for some kind of gear. In addition to the boots, wearing a self procured uniform: *tight, tight uniform shirt, shoulder flash says 'canine unit' *stiff visored cap; think dick tracy cops *riding breeches, the outdated kind with huge bloused out thighs *gauntlet gloves I was wondering whether this gear...
Wearing them in public might get people thinking you have fetish of some kind; not good.
Rayban Clubmasters. They come in 2 sizes.
Thanks LabelKing and Tarmac. LabeKing - this Seiko is from the 68-71 era, hence the style cues you've identified. Tarmac - 'DX' means, or meant, 'deluxe' - the movement is the 'Seiko 5' base level movement, but the case and dials of 'DX's were of a higher grade and finish. In the old catalogs DXs were one level above the entry level stuff. The second highest level was 'King Seiko' and the ultimate being 'Grand Seiko'. Grand Seikos are still being made - Japan...
7 Camicie on the west side of Yonge a couple of blocks north of Lawrence is a good place. Italian stuff. leather, sweaters, lots and lots of shirts. My son buys his shirts there.
Quote: Originally Posted by korce Theodore certainly has great product but David can be a bit of an @$$. I went in looking for a white shirt and he had me try on a beautiful ETON slim fit (fresh from the packaging). As soon as I asked about price ($325!) and expressed that I was looking to spend closer to $200, he commented rather rudely that I wouldn't find any shirts in that price range from him, and seemed very angry at the fact that he had removed the...
This thread has been about the heavy overcoats. What about 'raincoats'? Many have a zip-in liner and are quite suitable for winter wear. Although I admit some are 'springtime' looking and look weird in a sub sub zero deep freeze. Raincoats are good for getting in and out of a car; though, it's quite an act with a full length cloth coat. I was in Amsterdam 2 years ago in March. Many, many businessmen were wearing tan 60's style or perhaps even vintage single...
Quote: Originally Posted by josepidal Look what I got in the mail! Relatively fast and great service. Perhaps my only complaint is that Joe's isn't all that large an operation and only carries about 20 Goldine and 40 Silverline swatches. I turned the Silverlines into buttondowns and am ordering some Goldline dress shirts. Basic patterns, but love that houndstooth. Nice. Very nice, don't let the straights here get you down.