or Connect

Posts by Klobber

Yes I thought the Paul and Shark was really pretty nice. I cannot judge a brand on one piece but I certainly would not mind picking more of it up Tom Ford - Hah, some MTM thing I guess, it is missing tags. Shoulders width out at 22" and the pit to pit is 23". Like a 42/44US with 50US shoulders. Maybe an olympic swimmers jacket. Pants also incredibly trim, nut crushers. Pretty unforgiving for me I am taking this to a tailors to see what can be done to it to make fit. ...
Oh yes also picked up a Paul and Shark jacket thingy mijiggy. Is Paul and Shark good pickup stuff? I liked the jacket irrespective on the brand, just curious.
Unsure the Attolini houndstooth suit tag is authentic never seen one like that.
AttoliniTom FordKitonAre some of my pickups all suits / sport coats. Not sure the Attolini is authentic but I will post pics later.Changed my thrifting habits - I aint picking up the "fairly" old stuff anymore. If it is older than 10 years or in less than mint condition, nighty night it stays there. I am not against the vintage scene but a 15 year old Brioni suit is not vintage nor is it in any manner modern. Basically unpickable in my book and offensive to look at as...
Back from holidays now. Anyone noticed relative price hikes in their favorite thrift stores? Over here, shocked to see anything half decent marked up to absurd amounts. If this is gonna continue, my thrifting days are over. Example: Zegna shirts at 24 each. Zegna sweater with holes 36. Zanella pants 22 Zanella shirt 18 Borrelli shirt 28 Canali Sport Coat 48 Burberry Suit 92 Hickey Freeman Suit 80ish.... This was at 3 thrift stores visited today. Other stuff was...
Happy Holidays everyone! Got an awesome Attolini find to share but I am about to head off for my holiday. Will show finds when I get back in around 2 weeks On a very positive note, glad to see everyone hitting some nice stuff. My thoughts of Goodwill: - I hope Brian finds his epic haul of 36 sizes for himself. He is such a great guy I always feel sorry that stuff emanates from him for others but very little goes back to him due to lack of availability of his...
Impossible to tell with pic you gave, but that jacket looks to be one size too big full stop. Someone botched the measurements perhaps (if online service, I have to include the possibility that you botched your own measurements). It is common when a chest measurement is made, they add 4" and then that is the jacket size. This works with most people but not all people. A really cheap MTM operation would simply scale the shoulders according to a rule of thumb and then...
The Gucci is totally real and legit. Tag indicates Zegna made.Tom Ford era piece as well and this one is not too old, probably early 2000's at best guess (before 2004 though).Totally nice find, if it has pants, all the better.
Made an interesting observation today. Apparently you can barter with Goodwill staff. I heard a customer demand a price reduction of around 20% and they just gave it to him. Is this usual at all?Related to getting something at a massive price reduction, visited a GW and they had a Burberry cashmere long coat priced at $75 blue tag. I go to a staff member with jacket strung across my arm and asked when blue tags were 50% off. Said next week Thursday. I remarked "I...
Absolutely true. If you see a high end MC branded pair of jeans, run for the hills man. I mean this as well, not being snarky. Very few of these brands make nice looking jeans. Kiton = awful, Borrelli = terrible, Cucinelli = grandad jeans, Zegna = sucks, I could go on and on............. Enjoyed your observation, I can finally get this monkey off my back thinking I was the only one