or Connect

Posts by Klobber

Aye, still a nice find. If that thrift is near you, pop in again and scan the racks for the pants (in womans section as well). Being an Armani, the chance of the pants being there are remote but there is a chance given that pinstripe odd pants are not on most people's want list.
^^^ Giorgio Armani looks amazing, peak lapels and all. Shame the old Vestementia label is all washed out - let me know what size this is. Dibs if a full suit, double vents, and size 56 on the long side. I have a feeling that this is a 52 and ventless . Hope it is a full suit whatever it is - that would make a decent find quite epic . Advice: Picked up shirt, I like it. Not worth anything from a sale point of view but I want to keep it. Problem: Shirt is too...
Bold = yes, rest = ymmv. Checkered gray and navy = more potential than the solid greys / charcoals.It would be an awful shame to split up a good suit, tell your buddy to send them to me if a 46L. If in other sizes let members here have a good price and use the $$$ to buy a proper sport coat / blazer in a design you like
Borrelli are defo good dress shirts. My two cents for best dress shirt:Buttons: Toss up between Borrelli and Fray (Truzzi worth a mention as well).Fabric: Kiton by a country mile.Handwork: Kiton for sure, Truzzi / Fray probably next in line.Style: Cannot beat Tom Ford here - great collars and good athletic cuts Elegant patterns: Etro for me are awesome by having funky but not over crazy designs.Jizz Mopper: Robert Graham by far the most apt shirt for wiping up a...
Send the money back to the buyer via his email address. Click on goods / merchandise so Paypal records would indicate it is an off the record transaction when in actual fact it is your "refund" to the buyer. Buyer unlikely to suspect anything. Wait 44 days and then hit the Buyer with a SNAD saying buyer did not send you a product. Paypal refund you and buyer is out of pocket and out of the item he sent back to you. You sell that item on eBay and have effectively...
Post of the day award goes to Mainy.I have never ever ever ever found in many years of thrifting the following:- Staple black or brown shoes (not loafers) in good condition from a high end brand and not in a crazy size.- A solid Navy / Charcoal staple suit from a high end brand that was not horribly outdated or trashed.- A solid white shirt from a high end brand (I will further say "solid anything" in high end shirting).Thrifting is not a way to build a wardrobe from...
Thats a sport coat. Probably a decade old. Quite a good praiseworthy find.One thing I just want to add about Brioni: What is it and their fits? I get the impression, based on all Brioni finds I have had in the past, they seem to go for the roly - poly types - very unflattering. I avoid Brioni like a plague for myself, how many agree with my sentiment or am I biasing my opinion by basing it on only a few examples?
Watching of BIN/OBO auctions usually implies one of four things: 1. A desirable item is too expensive and thus placed on watch list on off chance that the price will reduce by X % further down the road. 2. Buyer likes item but not enough to make an immediate impulse offer or purchase. Buyer places on watch and uses watch list to filter out items he/she wishes to purchase. Kinda like a shopping list with essential items mixed with non essentials. 3. Buyer places item...
Hmmm, Kiton 90/10 vicuna suit, Lobbs Captoes, Kiton shirt, Hermes Tie = $7K+$1K+$700+$200 =$8.9K MSRP. Best I could do regarding thrifted only merchandise. I could cheat and add a Hermes Cashmere overcoat but I never wear that thing nor would do so due to weather here. Adding in overcoat could make me go close to $15K.On flip side, cheapest but still quality = BB 1818 suit, AE Park Aves, Hugo Boss shirt, Brooks Brothers Tie = $900+$300+$125+$60 = $1385.On examination,...
Aye, to get to the point one could make a viable living off of thrifting is beyond my intellectual and physical means. How Eddieveddr, Mainy, DM7, Spoo do it so well is incredible - highly motivated and talented guys in this arena.It is a hobby to me nothing more nothing less. If I find something my wardrobe will like or something someone here will like, then great, job done. Outside of that, I have no real ambitions to stretch beyond a couple of hours here and there. ...