or Connect

Posts by Klobber

Reweaving can be done on holes smaller than about 3/4" after that most go for patches and the work will be obvious. Even thread by thread reweaving may show a trace but not as bad as a patch. Google French Reweaving and look around. Most take mailorder so you wont have to be physically present. Good luck, I had a moth ravage a couple of suits and I too am having to go this route given both suits are uber expensive and I cannot afford to replace them.
May be worth taking back to Saks and replacing with something that has a little more versatility. If you want a lighter colored jacket, light blue will match up with most summer colors without showing up as neutral. This gray jacket is a fine looking specimen, but there are only one or two outfits (at best) that you would be able to coordinate into something decent. Hence a previous comment that this is an "advanced players" jacket. What advanced player means is...
Difficult to make work given lighter shade of grey. You have more than the pants to think of, the shirt as well has to be factored it.Black Pants = Out.Navy Pants = Not going to work very well, best hope is mediocre if even thatBlue = Possible mediocrityLight Blue = NoCharcoal / Dark Grey Pants = Not recommendedKhaki / family of beige's = Not going to work even slightlyBrown = Not going to workOff White / Cream = MaybeWhite = Maybe your best betJeans = Odd pairing an odd...
TBen's suit is a very very decent and probably of recent vintage, Question:Is there any way of dating these suits by fabric alone?I found 3 Blanc Blue Kiton's with 14mil fabric (Sup 180's) but left them because they seemed super dated. I always thought Sup 180's was a more modern fabric but I guess I may be wrong.Before folks think I am kerazy, I left behind a Kiton haul because they ticked all the bad boxes:Box 1: Ventless with low gorge and low button stance, TICKBox...
Older Ricci jacket, still worth picking up though. A lot of Ricci's tailoring is made by Saint Andrews and is pretty well sought after by a select few gentleman. May be worth getting moth hole fixed before trading or selling. Depends...That is recent, diffusion line of Zegna.
I can only tolerate looking at my own dump without heaving. Anyone elses, even if containing a gold nugget, forget about it. That shit stay right there.Also a bust up suit is no good to take. A couple of small moth holes may be tolerable since they can be mended, ripped seams can be resewn at no cost (it is an easy fix any self respecting person could do). However, large holes, tears in fabric, bubbling, awkward shape due to laundry, and general filth (of scat, vomit,...
Many Zegna shirts and Tom Ford's have been made in Switzerland. Worse than made in Italy? I do not think so. Other than a few high end brands like Kiton / Attolini / Rubinacci / Borrelli / Truzzi I would consider higher than Zegna / Tom Ford in an aesthetic way in regards to dress shirts. Even the Rubinacci shirts I picked up a while ago were at best "so so".I do not go by "made in where" anymore, that Rag n Bone shirt I found was made in China and there is more...
I have been finding Tom Ford occasionally out there, someone in Napa obviously has a taste for fashion. Shirt is in good condition except the cuffs. The cuffs on the sleeves are frayed and many buttons chipped but I may get round to figuring out how to replace them. The shirt is an aqua - gray if that makes sense, so I wonder how a contrast collar and matching sleeve cuffs would work out. I cannot change the cuffs to, say, white and leave the collar as is. Buttons are...
Best I could do given too many fucking flippers now in Bay Area. Last year I was hitting double the volume and double the quality. These were amassed from a thriftathon last Sunday that took me 30 miles east and 40 miles south. Corneliani super 150's suit. Double vented as well. Bally Shoes. Usually I leave them but these said Goodyear. Does this mean Goodyear welt? SZ 12, I may keep them although soles are shot. I usually leave BB shirts behind but when you...
They have not gone out of style nor will they ever go out of style. They are personal preference. Most guys should wear flat fronts, they look better and feel better but pleats do create a little more room, particularly for those that wear higher rise pants further up the waist. It is all just a preference call.If they are wool dress pants, I personally do not find pleats offensive although I definitely prefer flat front. Pleated cotton pants / chinos are definitely...