or Connect

Posts by Klobber

The inner garment tag in the suit jacket should come up with one that is identical to a Belvest tag. Take a pic of it - easiest way of authenticating. Lapels look machine stitched to me although could just be the picture. Not convinced on the pants tag, nor the fonts. So far I am pretty sure it is fake. That said, I have never seen a fake Hermes suit in my life nor have I handled a Hermes suit from a recent collection so the tags / fonts etc I am used to could have...
Bottom line most of you sellers work your balls off for every listing. That hard work should, in an ideal sense, work out to a mutually beneficial transaction where the seller gets rewarded for his hard work and the buyer gets the item he wanted. I do not blame VLSI for venting his frustration. Nothing is worse than seeing 1 hour hard labor (listing shirt, taking pics and careful measurements etc...) get flushed down the toilet by some whiney crybaby buyer who did not...
Since a nice shirt came into topic, I feel I have to mention this:Turnbull and Asser, lets hear it. What makes them so special?Are they held in such high esteem because they are seen as Britain's Premium shirt maker?I will give you my take: They are remarkably average. If I hold a T&A shirt up against a Thomas Pink, I cannot tell any difference in quality. Sorry, I just do not see it. Up against an Lewin or CT, again, differences, if any, are slight. Yet T&A is...
You are one of the resident cool dudes here, lots of love here for you Thanks buddy
Pick Up advice: I took a big gamble today and picked up a pair of brown suede boots by Martin Maison Margiela, the real deal (no H&M thing). Condition of leather is superb and soles are leather and lightly worn. They probably retailed for 600-800 and I would imagine the SW&D folks would gladly offer up something desirable for me to trade - however this aspect I am unsure of. Question: If I paid &90, is this a good pickup? I picked them up not for myself but to...
Oh I see, in case his school of choice do a background check and stumble onto this forum to read a particular said comment on some far back page. The chance of that happening though is nil pwa. Nobody will be thorough to the point in a background check to read all his posts here. He will largely be safe as long as he meets expectations grade wise. In any case, Ian could just backtrack and delete his comments that appear incriminating. Anyone quoting that said comment,...
I do not see such a big deal over your name. If you created a Linkedin account, your full name and profile will be there as well. I have had full exposure due to being an academic and knock on wood I have not had a debt collection agency knocking on my door with $50K in credit card fees thanks to a fraudster.It is not terribly smart to use your full name on a public forum, but all the same, a data thief would probably think your name Ian Erickson would be an alias...
Hehehehe, quite funny actually. I guess some folks are more passionate about their brands than others. Mix in some natural rebellion for elitism and we have a drama classic waiting to unfold. Bottom line though, who really gives a shit. This is just a hobby.Since my wife knows sign language and tactile signing, we took a deaf and blind fellow to his railway club. Despite his severe disability, he was actively involved in model railways. It was interesting to note the...
That Varvatos is the tits. I used to have a pigskin by none other than Varvatos just like it until it got destroyed by my carelessness.
Your options at under $700 retail are limited when talking of high end suits. We can all recommend visiting Brooks Brothers, Saks / Neiman Marcus Outlets or taking gambles online on some greatly reduced deadstock Isaia or whatever. At this point, if Jcrew works well, then it works well, end of discussion. Since Interviews are utterly important occasions, get the Jcrew that works well on you and have one less thing to worry about. Once you nail the interview and start...