or Connect

Posts by Klobber

Hell yeah, old ugly crap should stay there. Although how does one define ugly? In some peoples minds a Hermes Print or Versace silk shirt is fugly. To others it is a work of art. I am probably the most anti early mid 90's and 80's here (I actually only like Versace from this period). Real old vintage, I would certainly pick up. I would even pick up a mink gown worn by Countess Bathory .Working on signal to noise ratio problems right now, keeping me away from...
A sartorialists wet dream
My response was more politically correct than responses a few months back regarding these pricing / valuation aspects. I am lenient on pricing despite being broke as fuck. At the end of the day it is a thrift find and I got it for cheap. I generally do not proxy though - I usually go double money unless I am dealing with a friend. On certain very rare pieces, I will go roughly half eBay valuation. Thats my kind of thing though, not suggesting others do this although...
Striking a balance is good. I for one do not expect thrift guys here to find a Hermes Leather Jacket in mint shape and then gladly offer proxy. However, lets say that Hermes leather jacket is worth $1000 based on shape. Selling on eBay and once all fees considered, one would be looking at a take home of a shade under $900 probably in the 870 region. An offer of $750 from a homey here would, in context, be reasonable and reflect the value of the find.Where valuations go...
The voice of reason!I have numerous times run into this problem here.Me: Hi nice jacket, interested in trades or how much?Answer: I need to cover some bills, hows $300.Me: Wahahaha that is only worth $150 on open market. I tell you what, I will offer you full amount - 150 beans.Answer: I prefer to send it on eBay.I bid on eBay using my wife's account and pick up for $70. Thanks for your business ! Oh yeah got to love this - I get a PM here saying my offer of $150...
LOL, you go the opposite to me. I first decide on the pants and shoes I will wear and then fit a shirt tie jacket around it. It seems neither of us have time to try on 10 different combos to work out what looks best for a given day. I have taken to suits more lately since half the battle is won and choices are plainly obvious.Such is life although I would not mind a 2 hour slot in which to play dress up just me and the mirror or audience
$150 max should be the price for this suit. The seller is a loon for wanting to sell this for 300 GBP (approx $450). It is definitely older than 2005 (when Versace Collection took over this label). Judging by the tag, I would say this is a nailed on late 90's piece possibly early 00's piece. Its construction and exclusivity is not in line with the more collectible aspects of the brand, hence this suit would have a valuation of less than 300 USD even if NWT. Back in...
Stitchy looks fine. Bad photo and angle throws the spectrum of fit. Only part of his outfit I think that could be improved in its current form are slightly different fitting pants.You got to respect his ambition to try something out - it is too easy and obvious to go solid Navy jacket here. Although I suspect in this regard, the easiest and most obvious thing often ends up working best.You did well with choosing the three button sport coat / jacket and utilizing solid...
OK, this is just ridiculous. Help a Brit here... When on earth did Virginia / West Virginia, Kentucky, Maryland, etc ever get considered southern states? They are no where near the south. Is DC then southern as well given proximity to at least two of four states above? Also why are Arizona and New Mexico not considered south? Geographically they certainly are. Is this southerness related to "attitudes"? Political allegiances? Percentage of pop. going to...
Your Tom Ford inspired Navy Suit should be complemented by a solid light blue shirt or solid white shirt and black shoes (I personally prefer light blue to go with dark navy but white is perfectly decent). Tie does not have to be solid color but keep it minimalistic pattern wise. Keep tie on darker side, I would avoid black. I personally would not bother with a pocket square for an interview. I like to dress in bold colors and patterns but for interviews I keep it...