or Connect

Posts by Pieceofsand

Just got my first trial shirt, my sleeve was off(short) by 1.25 inches!!! Not the happiest camper right now, I just Emailed their customer service about this. I'll keep you guys updated with their response. Also, if the shirt pulls behind my back(back arm blade area), could that be caused by a short sleeve or a too small of a chest measurement? I feel a restricted movement like it's really tight when I reach out.
Great thread. I want to buy a sewing machine now. My mom has one down in the basement and I open it one day in attempt to alter one of my old dress shirt. After seeing the complexity of the sewing machine, I quickly gave up. The sewing machine OP ordered from amazon looked fairly easy. I'm debating on whether to learn how to use the complex one I have, or buy an easy one like OP. OP, where did you learn how to use that beast if you don't mind me asking?
Quote: Originally Posted by Poindexter You know, I like blazers and I liked the A&L concept, so I went to the linked site. I gots to tell y'all, that even in the awkwardly byzantine world of mens' clothing sites, this is maybe the champion unnavigable unusable site I have ever seen. Where are the sizes? Where are the products? Is this blazer the only thing they make? How does one get one? Poinz Exactly how I felt.
Living in SoCal being 5'9 is probably about average. Then I moved here to the mid west all the sudden I feel like a midget sometimes. The heights run from 7" to 5"2 mostly in between.
I like those Anderson-Little. How come they don't show the measurements on sizes and stuff?
Quote: Originally Posted by Poshak Man Wow! I am impressed with how much thinking and planning must it take for oldog/oldtrix to get dressed each day! He probably doe it with natural instinct. The break down theory was fun to read though. I hope to see more of that, it really helps people to learn more about dressing.
OP keep us updated with your final purchase. I don't know you need to go MTM/Bespoke for your first,not less you know exactly what you're looking for. Buy OTR or thift for now and keep lurking and learn like the rest of us
If I'm ordering a shirt with french cuff from Moderntailor, and given that I currently do not own any french cuff style shirts, how am I suppose to know what size fits base on my wrist size. Or is it the same as regular button style? Also, what is a convertible cuff? Both regular and french?
Quote: Originally Posted by KtownGreg [/center][/font][/size] Just out of curiosity.. did you get your jacket shorten?
did anybody see the fabric on ModernTailor last night for $9.95? It was only up for a few hours I believe. It could had been a typo on their part, I check again this morning it was back to $39.95