or Connect

Posts by ChrisGold

This is very good advice, Carrie and Wade are fantastic. (and I believe they've still got their house brand cafe racer that might be a good fit for you. Schott is not a bad way to go in this price point for off the rack availability, but horsehide for SoCal year round is not something I would recommend. One of the nicer off the rack jackets that fits your climate MUCH better would be the 654, Cowhide Casual Racer. I used to own one, it's fairly light weight with a...
Sounds awesome. I am a big Sonos fan, with a couple of 5s and a Playbar. A good friend just rebuilt a home and put in a similar setup with 9 connect amps on a rack and in-wall and ceiling speakers. Works flawlessly, great sound and the convenience of the Sonos app.
Replaced a house full of smoke alarms that I realized were about 12 years old. I had already done two of them with Nest with CO detector, did seven more in literally 20 minutes by using the same brand's "replacement" version that comes with a wiring adapter. Twist off the old one, click in the adapter and twist the new one back in. The newer models also have the front load battery replacement where you just slide in the 9V and close the door. Don't even have to attach...
Thanks for clearing that up, once I could search on The Stronghold I was able to find some pics of their selection. I'm not a fan of the patch either but I think on an older jacket where it's a bit beat up to wear on the bike I'd be ok with it.
BTW, I think black CXL will look absolutely killer in that jacket, sort of Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men. Take a look at their label choices because I think they give you a choice of a few in that jacket, with a country motif being the standard.
So one of the people I reached out to had this to say about the jacket:"I have handled one - I tried one in tan steer on in the factory with a view to buying it. It's slim-fitting with a tubular body, just like the originals, but it just didn't suit my frame - I'm mainly leg - just like the 38 contract A-2s"Still waiting on someone else who might have even better information (specifically about how the pattern came about) but I think it's going to be a nice fit. Most half...
My understanding is that it's made more like a jeans jacket, and they have always stated that it's basically a lined Type 3, only in leather. With their long relationship with Levis, and being a place that you can still buy a NOS type 3 from, they certainly have plenty of jackets laying around to pattern after. Carrie had posted a picture of a custom type 3 in dark brown about a year ago, but the owner never followed up with a fit picture. It's so hard to tell from...
He didn't wrestle it back so much as just having to step back in, but in the end they are now a stronger company for it.But besides the theft, the person who was just sentenced to jail subsequently helped start a competitor who basically produced identical jackets to Aero. They started that company with a large number of jackets immediately that closely resembled Aero models, and there was testimony at the theft trial that while he was still at Aero he had an Aero...
The Kudu was a really cool leather, unfortunately it's been discontinued. The heavy scarring on the hides (which some people didn't like) made the yields so low that it was no longer feasible for them to make jackets from it. I've loved every Aero Kudu I've seen, it's very unique stuff.