or Connect

Posts by ChrisGold

It's the size of the zips but also the orientation. Perfectly vertical on a design that's all about angles. I think designers are running out of ways to screw up a classic jacket.
Those chest zips on the SLP are completely out of proportion to the rest of the jacket. Not a fan of leather jackets that make it all about the hardware.
Both of you probably just missed the update emails from Drew with your new estimated dates and apology for the delays.
+1 - if the leather tailor has the right machine and experience it's not much different than any other tailoring, and you would have the same concerns. Specifically on this jacket, the location of the pockets pre and post tailoring. That's why he should find a local guy that he can consult with and discuss it before the work is done. It's definitely a viable option if the other option is selling at a loss.
I have to disagree here... if the OP is really unhappy with the jacket, there are plenty of good leather jacket repair shops around that can easily take in the midsection, especially if he really likes it otherwise. I just had a wrist re-sewn and a front zip totally replaced by a well known jacket producer. Total cost = $75 plus the shipping.
Thank you. I don't baby it, it's survived 67 years, a few spilled beers or some rain aren't going to bother it, just adds more character.
To me, when you have a really fantastic leather, you need a simple design to draw the eye to the hide instead of to zippers, epaulets, etc... On a busier design, smoother black leather that may be considered characterless is often all that is needed.
Yes, as long as he got a good price and likes the jacket then the rest doesn't matter.
Very easy to date Perfecto jackets by their labels. If that is a bull on the left side of the label it is 1970s, if it's a motorcycle rider it is 1980s. A 1928 Perfecto, if one exists, or even 1930, in this type of condition, would not be sold on eBay. It would be sold at Sotheby's. Regardless, it's an interesting jacket, but looks like plastic replacement zips? I've never seen a Perfecto like this, but that doesn't mean anything. My biggest concern would be a 70s -...
When I want to pull something out with a little age and patina, I throw this one on, makes a good pub jacket. Circa 1948, still in great condition with original lining and zips, the horsehide is totally sound and not fragile at all. I hope to hold onto this for a long time and see if it continues to develop.