or Connect

Posts by ChrisGold

Offered for sale is the original Aero Ridley cross zip prototype, size 42 in Black Horween CXL FQHH, green OD contrast stitching, brass hardware, and a slim fit design so please look at the dimensions and pictures carefully. For your reference, I am 6'2", 185 pounds. This fits either as a slim fit 42, or if you look at the dimensions below, you can see it's a pretty straight forward 40. Brass hardware, Talon zips, lightweight wool tartan lining. This is a really...
So basically, if he doesn't feel like it warrants a reply, you will STILL not know if he actually read the email and changed the dimensions... how hard is it to type "confirmed"? (especially since we've now heard of one person whose request was ignored)
Exactly the point, they were made that way because those members asked for those design elements. Again, I don't expect everyone to rush over to this particular company, but keep your eyes open and you might see that there are more options out there for custom jackets.
What it has to do with this thread is that as far as you know, the factory that is producing Drew's jackets could have made nothing but boxy old man jackets up until he made patterns for Drew and started to produce "fashion" jackets. As I said before, and I noted that his website was no indication of what he does, I am not a shill for Johnson and have never owned one of their jackets... I am trying to dispel the notion that no one else can do what Drew can, there are guys...
Keep drinking the Kool aid, I'm sure your knowledge of all the leather jacket makers and their abilities is encyclopedic. Can you please name the factory who's producing Drew's jackets and describe their previous designs?
Agreed, but Johnson Leathers is the pattern maker, not you. To clarify, I don't know Alan or have every bought one of his jackets, because I work with other producers. Just trying to give one example of what can be found if you look around.
I totally get this and don't disagree, (see my above post) although many of these brands do now offer more "modern" patterns that are not often cross shopped, and I'm not suggesting people begin to do that. Drew has drawn up some nice designs, albeit obviously derivative, and the pricing is certainly sharp. My point is that if a young designer can take a classic design and evolve it into a modern design, dismissing an artist who's been working with leather for 35 years...
I don't disagree with what you are saying, it's not easy to make a great pattern. I just added a pic of a minimalist DR he made years ago, before Drew invented that style. It's not slim, but he's been making jackets for over 3 decades and if you are walking by, my point is you might want to have a conversation with him, he might surprise you. I've seen the results of his work, just a suggestion.On the other hand, a great jacket maker CAN just take dimensions and make...
And so does the website... however, he has and can make just about anything you want. A master jacket maker for decades with any type of material you would like. Very well known in law enforcement and for riders, and his standard pattens are slim to begin with... stop in and talk to Alan, he runs a very serious business with a world wide reputation. If you're in his neighborhood you are very lucky and can get something perfectly made to your taste. He can use those...
Johnson Leathers in SF will make you basically anything you want and keep it at or under $700. Keep in mind the additional opportunity cost of paying someone two years in advance for a custom jacket. Companies that have two year waits for leather jackets are guys that are considered the best in the world, and while they are twice the price, they actually communicate! Note that they typically take a deposit and then take the balance when they are actually going to make...