or Connect

Posts by Otter91

Quote: Originally Posted by esquire. With the spike in gasoline prices, I'm curious as to where people buy their gas from? Is gasoline a commodity, or is there a difference in quality among the different gas stations- Exxon, Chevron, Arco, Costco, etc... And, do you buy unleaded, unleaded plus, or premium? If I buy the cheapest gas around at Arco, will I regret this later on? I buy gas for my sports car at 76 stations. Here in California,...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC The thing with pearls is that they are still very delicate and I would be weary of have something as easy to bang around on a desk and table as a cufflink. You'd be surprised, especially if you went with a South Sea Pearl. The nacre on a south sea pearl has a honeycomb-like structure that is quite durable. Tahitians are not quite as tough, but still pretty good, akoya and freshwater would show a bit...
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey I have two thoughts - while I am supposed to be interested in blue, my judgment is that pink will look better. That said, what are Keshi pink pearls? In terms of size, I think 8.5 - 9mm are minimum starting points. Second, as for classic shape, my guess is that the recipient will be more flexible than I will be. I will tolerate something fashionable as long as the quality is good. I am willing to pay for a name...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmax I know a bit about pearls... Talking about cultured, commonly available ones there are four main types, determined by the type of mollusk they come from: 1. Freshwater pearls - Least expensive, commonly smaller than the other types of pearls, naturally come in lighter colors (white, pink, lavender,etc.), most darker colored ones are dyed. Off-round (aka baroque) shapes are common. More durable than other pearl...
Thought I would give you guys a few more pictures from our inventory: The first watch is the Hermes Arceau Maxi, Chronograph. This has an automatic movement, stainless steel case, sapphire crystal, and alligator strap with deployant buckle. The color of the dial is "cinnamon". This is a very beautiful watch. This is the Cartier Santos Dumont. This watch has a manual winding movement, and is in one of the slimmest cases I have seen. The case is solid 18K Rose...
Quote: Originally Posted by andyw What is the price on a large Ballon in WG? Does the Medium come with an automatic movement...............and if so, what is the price for the medium Ballon in WG? Thanks Unfortunately, the three that are listed are the only ones that are available. That watch is currently unavailable to vendors within the US, with no ship date stated, so we con only sell what we have in stock. The medium is not made with...
Quote: Originally Posted by speedster.8 I kind of like the Roadster, seem to remember they had one with the tilted dial/mount so it could be seen at "optimum" angle during driving. Speed Hmm... I have not seen that. It is possible that it is from the Geneve collection, which we are rarely able to get here in the US (outside of a Cartier boutique).
Quote: Originally Posted by West24 do you have or can you get any vintage watches? We come upon them every now and then, but I can't say that we do reliably. We do have a great selection of womens vintage precious watches. Mostly in platinum. And we do happen to have one ladies Cartier Panthere right now! If there is something very specific that you are looking for however, I'd be happy to keep an eye open for you, just shoot me a PM...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing That Bedat No.8 is not unattractive. Thank you! You won't see too many of them floating around either, as that it is a limited edition. I happen to have two of them. The one that I posted in Rose gold (which is much much richer than it appears in the picture) as well as a stainless steel. I have the same shape (but not the limited edition model) in many combinations: All yellow gold, all stainless,...
Great news everyone! I have finally had a chance to scan a few of the watches and start an official For sale thread! http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...934#post943934 if anyone has any tips, I am happy to hear them. This is my first attempt at webforum sales. Thank you all for the interest and support! -Ryan