or Connect

Posts by Otter91

good looking shirt, I really like the fabric/button combo
Quote: Originally Posted by merkur Is the jump from 42R to 44R considered two sizes? I always thought that it was one given that suits with odd numbered chest sizes are difficult to find. difficult to find doesn't mean that it doesn't count
Quote: Originally Posted by merkur Do you mean that the jacket has to be recut or that it needs to have waist suppression? Can a jacket one size too big eg 44R be successfully recut to 42R or would it be easier to just do waist suppression? I'd be grateful if you could shed any light on this. not sure about the recutting of a jacket, but assuming that you bought two sizes too big (bought a 44 when you wear a 42) not only would the jacket need...
Quote: Originally Posted by merkur Wait, do these pants have back pockets on both sides? yes they do. I think that they will be used in the process somehow. I think that i noted darts (if you can call them that)that will be allowing some of the room. My build provides some trouble for tailors and buying OTR pants as that I am quite athletic. Often, pants that fit me in the waist (Banana Republic 30s) don't fit me in the quadracept/uppper...
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisneils Me 2! Be sure to post as soon as you get the results we'll do! I should be seeing them on or about the 24th
I am having a pair of Ralph Lauren Purple Label Tuxedo pants taken from a 36 down to a 32/31" right now. My tailor said that is wouldn't be a problem at all, I'll keep you updated as I receive them back from the tailor. as for suits, I am a 40$ drop 8 or drop 9. I always just plan on having the pants taken in. I may be shopping at the wrong places, but I have not found many quality suit makers that produce separates. Then again, I am usually bargain hunting
Quote: Originally Posted by stickonatree ^best way is to call ricky, if you want immediate results and the most lucid communication of what you want. rob - these shirts cost approximately $50 USD after monogramming and MOP buttons, which is a steal compared to RTW shirts at $100+ a shirt not including alterations. after a few initial trial shirts and you "perfect" your measurements, cranking them out at $50 a pop is most likely the best value for your...
Quote: Originally Posted by rob I'm no expert on these things but on the few Janzten pics I have seen it doesn't seem worth the effort; I haven't looked into the cost. It seems rtw shirts tend to fit better than the Janzten shirts inspite of all the effort to send in specs. Perhaps all the personal input as to measurements, fabric, etc., creates too much room for error while a ready-to-wear takes most of the assumptions out of the process most clothes...
Quote: Originally Posted by Otter91 Ordered Saturday night (5/10) still no reply. Anyone know if production was interrupted by the earthquake? Shirt Received 6/12 http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...95#post1115295 I'm really happy how it came out. I think that it fits better than the pictures show, especially the pictures with it tucked in to pants thanks for all the help! Should I email Ricky with my next order, or is there...
Good Morning everyone, I just received my first Jantzen shirt and I am happy to report that it is quite close to being a perfect fit! I know I want to extend the sleeves a bit (I was thinking an inch, opinions?) I also want to have the cuffs made a bit bigger the cuffs, but I am not sure how much. They fit right now, but just snugly. You'll notice that I have a link in the right cuff, and not in the left in the pictures. I think that I have read around here...