or Connect

Posts by Otter91

Wow guys, thank you so much for all of the info! I feel a bit over my head now though. Can any of you guys tell me where in San Francisco I can go for something similar to what SGladwell posted? Or any places in San Francisco that specialize (or are good with) formalwear? I am still new to "high style" so I really only am familiar with the larger houses in the city (YSL, Burberry, Pink, etc.) Do large stores like Nieman Marcus or Sacks do formalwear? thanks...
Quote: Originally Posted by SGladwell I didn't see a mention of wedding time in your initial post. That makes a big difference. Nobody should wear a tux to a daytime wedding. I'm getting married in October, and here's what I'm going to wear, basically: I'm going to Vienna to get measured at Knize and pick fabrics this summer. Sator gave me sage advice to have a second pair of pants made in the same fabric as the Streseman jacket, and I intend to follow...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Too stodgy for you, probably, but what the hell: http://thelondonlounge.net/gl/forum/...pic.php?t=6562 thanks for the link! My reasoning is really that instead of renting (tux not fitting well) I sould spend the money to have a suit that fit very well... potentially looking better, as well as having a MTM suit in my closet. I'm not so worried about "classic rules" as I am about up to date style...
c'mon guys, just looking for opinions here... I thought everyone had those
Good Evening, I am lucky enough to have become engaged recently and am now looking toward the future to fashion at the wedding. My Fiancee and I have already discussed colors, which will be black, a dark red/burgundy/red wine color (called "claret" by the maker of the bridesmaid dresses), white, and an off-white/ivory. I am figuring that the groomsmen will wear black tuxes with red (claret) vests and either red or black ties (standard, not bow). For myself I have...
Hello all, I am wondering what the advantages are of using crystal vs. glass stemware or other glassware? Also, what is the correct term for crystal with no stem (I used glassware, but I am pretty sure that is incorrect) Surely crystal is heavier, and can look sharper, as that it can hold an edge better than glass. Any other advantages? thanks in advance Ryan
Bombay Sapphire on the rocks...2 olives