or Connect

Posts by muteboy

Well, based on the advice here and elsewhere, I've just ordered a belt from Narragansett Leathers. They're taking a beak right now, so it will be a few weeks. I'll report back when it arrives.
I want to find a high quality black dress belt. It will be my main black belt for appropriate work suits and occasions. I want this to be a good belt for years to come. I don't want any embellishments, like stitching or patterned leather. I want a shiny silver-colored buckle (plated brass?) but as simple a one as possible. No brushed metal, no extra patterns or branding. I would really prefer not to just get a branded one from a department store. I would prefer a thicker...
Great job! Very nice indeed. If you wanted to cheat a little, you could start with a ready-made trunk such as this for just over $100: https://www.mysticarmynavy.com/item.cfm?RequestTimeout=500&ID=1282 (actually it would be cheating a lot - that is pressboard covered with vinyl)
As I'm sure is quite common, I would like to kick off my SF membership with a thread asking for advice about what to wear to my wedding. First, a bit of background (relevant or not) - I'm an Englishman in my late 30's marrying a lovely LA girl. I'm 6' when I stand up straight, 200lbs (working on reducing that). We live in San Francisco, but we're getting married in Las Vegas, at a golf/country club, because the bride's parents live there, and my family are in the UK, so...