or Connect

Posts by shibbel

The custard (for 6 people) is just 400g of foie gras, 4 eggs, 10cl of cream, 30g soft butter, and some nutmeg- blend that, pass through a sieve, and bake for 20 minutes or so the way you'd treat a typical custard. The morels are blanched, then simmered in cream and butter for 20 minutes. Remove them, reduce the cream, then top with reduced cream, and some reduced meat stock.
Looks great, Matt. How was the custard w/ morels? I'm looking forward to making that.
It's a little early for ramps and fiddlehead ferns, bro.
Is that real Velveeta in the sauce? Looks way smooth.
According to Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali, and the Mozza crew, the best paste is double strength, found in tube, and produced from San Marzano tomatoes.
Looks great, mgm. Is there anything he doesn't put gold leaf on?
Especially when he knows nothing...Candy CORN bread. Now that's some Jedi level cast iron baking. Take that, fluffy scallop.
FTFY. It's SF, dude,
You should try the receipe pictured above, it's pretty easy and tastes great (although mine was a bit chalky the second time I tried it).
Is there a science to picking good veal sweetbreads? I've noticed that even with pretty much the exact same cooking method and same cut (heart), they sometimes come out a bit chalky instead of juicy.