or Connect

Posts by shibbel

Looks great, Mgm. Did it blow your mind?
I'm sure somewhere in the world, school children are food, especially the white ones.
Would fresh dead langoustines be inferior to ones that were frozen shortly after harvest? I have a source that gets them from Brittany fresh, but dead. I seem to recall someone here posting something about their flesh quickly turning mushy after they die. Would frozen be a safer bet?
Use it for stock.
I thought it was pretty outstanding. The wine sauce went well with the fish. Out of curiosity, what method do you typically use for removing marrow? I just soaked the bones in some warm salty water for a few hours, and was able to push it out pretty easily. Proper technique?
That's what threw me off, it's called fond blanc de veau back there, but just fond blanc in the receipe.
I did the l'ambroisie dish and also the Robuchon lemongrass/tomato confit receipe.
Yeah, I'm making the tube out of sheets of brik. Receipe also calls for fond be blanc and since I have no idea what that is, I'll be using white veal stock instead.
I'll be making this tomorrow. Your chicken jelly looks jellylicious. Making the sweetbreads and parsley mash today.
Thanks, brosif.