or Connect

Posts by unrooted

I found this jacket at Nordstrom rack for $35. It fits perfectly and has a great look for a tall scrawny guy. The problem is it is horribly made and the fabric is pulling in less than a week. If I could find something that looked similar that was constructed well out of quality fabric I would be stoked. nordstrom.com/Product/Details/3349804
If your lucien Piccard watch came with the band it currently has, then I would suggest spending $20-30 on a new band, it will likely be of much better quality than the original, if it's like the LP watch I bought.
FYI, if you have a size 13D Allen Edmonds shoe the Large Epic Shoetree is MUCH too small. I realize it is Woodlore/AE's fault, but you should have a better working knowledge of the stuff you sell.
Nevermind.
I need another pair of shoes, and I like the bulky longwing style to match my highly textured flannel and tweed suits and grenadine ties. AE has 4 styles of the longwing; The True Gunboat: Macneil The Fancy-footed: Larchmont And in between the Regent Street and the Williams I want them in Brown, but I can't decide if I like the Grained Calf or the Smooth. I'm thinking the smooth will provide a better patina, but the grain gives a bit of texture to match my suits. i...
Is this grenadine? Large or small? I really liked the look of it in the store, but I think I would prefer a tie with less sheen. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=212&Product_Id=1673815&Parent_Id=210&default_color=Light-Blue&sort_by=§ioncolor=§ionsize=
Did any of you end up buying the NAU Riding Jacket? you should have years of wear in order to make a thorough evaluation of durability and style. I just ordered one cause it was on sale, and I think I like the Raven Color. We shall see though. I have never purchased, nor owned, a Blazer or Suit, but I know how they SHOULD fit. Hopefully the sleeves will be long enough without the shoulders falling to my elbows. I'm 6'4" tall with a 6'7" wingspan, 195 pounds with most of...
http://www.nau.com/mens/categories/jackets/riding-jacket-v2-035M01.html
What part of CA are you from Rick? I'm near Bishop CA, we have zero tailors here, any suggestions? I'm closest to Reno and Vegas, but I don't think my style would mesh with either of those locales.I'm thinking about buying the LLbean blazer, but I have been measured at 43L, and the reviews say it has long sleeves attached to a regular body. Should I look elsewhere?Should I just save up for a first suit instead? Is $500 too little for a first suit?