or Connect

Posts by v0rtex

Quote: Originally Posted by adidasfan I am assuming unless someone lives in Pakistan, China or Vietnam getting cloths taylored is hella expensive. Unless doing it yourself. Maybe I am wrong or just poor. Place I go to I've never paid more than $18 to have a shirt altered, and that was for recutting the sides to raise the armholes, darting it for a slimmer fit, removing excess fabric from the sleeves, moving the cuff buttons and redoing the...
Quote: Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe it seems everyone sells their clothes as soon as they no longer fit, but why sell when you can just get them tailored? When most people are talking about clothes no longer fitting, it's because they've gotten bigger (fatter, more muscular, taller if young) rather than smaller.
Quote: Originally Posted by epa I have to go to Lakeland (Florida) for a business meeting. I am not really familiar with the dress code in the south of the U.S. Heard about this special kind of jackets (seersucker?) and things like that. But maybe the safest bet is just a normal suit? I guess that people wear dark suits and ties for business, right? Unless you're meeting C-level execs of very large companies that are otherwise not based in...
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinW England is a totalitarian state? Israel, Norway and Denmark too? Having a state religion is not the same as a theocratic state. A theocracy is where a society is run according to the laws of God, as interpreted by rulers who are deemed to be divinely guided. eg: Holy Roman Empire, Iran, Vatican city. Even Buddhism becomes totalitarian and violent when it's used as the basis for a society (Tibet), so...
Burn it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2753567740682# Money shot at 13:30.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Is this true about modern Islam? Europe under the Holy Roman Empire was pretty totalitarian too. There are lots of countries that are majority Muslim but are still democratic societies. The question would be better stated; "Are all theocracies totalitarian", to which my answer would be "Yes".
Quote: Originally Posted by montecristo#4 I still can't understand the demand for management consultants. As far as I can tell, they're worthless. Are people really too dumb to figure out their own business problems? Not only that, but they're often too dumb/busy/entrenched to even know they have a problem. When they figure that out, that's when they call a consultant. Consulting at it's best is highly valuable and deserving of the high...
Quote: Originally Posted by JMSBNSN So should I continue to date her or should I start the long journey of looking elsewhere for a girl that's more interesting? Thanks in advance. Depends... is she hot? Date shallow girls for shallow reasons.
4 pages and no mention of Debeers' marketing of diamonds? That campaign has been playing consumers like a retarded fiddle for close to a century.
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman False con, she won't be barely legal in 20 years so there's no reason to continue being with her. That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.