or Connect

Posts by v0rtex

Quote: Originally Posted by adidasfan I am assuming unless someone lives in Pakistan, China or Vietnam getting cloths taylored is hella expensive. Unless doing it yourself. Maybe I am wrong or just poor. Place I go to I've never paid more than $18 to have a shirt altered, and that was for recutting the sides to raise the armholes, darting it for a slimmer fit, removing excess fabric from the sleeves, moving the cuff buttons and redoing the...
Quote: Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe it seems everyone sells their clothes as soon as they no longer fit, but why sell when you can just get them tailored? When most people are talking about clothes no longer fitting, it's because they've gotten bigger (fatter, more muscular, taller if young) rather than smaller.
Quote: Originally Posted by epa I have to go to Lakeland (Florida) for a business meeting. I am not really familiar with the dress code in the south of the U.S. Heard about this special kind of jackets (seersucker?) and things like that. But maybe the safest bet is just a normal suit? I guess that people wear dark suits and ties for business, right? Unless you're meeting C-level execs of very large companies that are otherwise not based in...
Burn it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2753567740682# Money shot at 13:30.
Quote: Originally Posted by JMSBNSN So should I continue to date her or should I start the long journey of looking elsewhere for a girl that's more interesting? Thanks in advance. Depends... is she hot? Date shallow girls for shallow reasons.
4 pages and no mention of Debeers' marketing of diamonds? That campaign has been playing consumers like a retarded fiddle for close to a century.
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman False con, she won't be barely legal in 20 years so there's no reason to continue being with her. That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight But one month is just the average - if you go several months, you need that $2000 a month of your own cash. I don't know many people with $2000 per month of truly disposable income! I plan on maintaining an emergency fund which would cover 3-6 months of vacancy. I already have such a fund that covers that duration of my personal expenses so I'm confident I can be responsible enough to maintain a...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Did you type this post in October 2007 ? No, then I'd be using numbers like "I can put down $500 and pay only the interest, then flip it a month later, do that 10 times and make $1m" 6% is a historical average over the latter half of the 20th Century. Past patterns don't predict the future, which is why I also showed figures assuming 0 appreciation. In my area, $200k is a nice middle class house in good...
Quote: Originally Posted by otc How does owning some rental property put you into the 1m range? You gotta first have/earn a million to buy a million in property (since you won't have time for it to appreciate so much). Not necessarily, real estate benefits greatly from leverage. Not many other investments where you can borrow 80%+ of the capital... My plan is to purchase property 20% down on 15-year mortgages and have the rental payments...